Sunday, February 7, 2010

2nd Grade Programs ROCK!

Emma before the performance.

Emma's 2nd grade program was back in, oh, October of Aught Nine.  See, the thing is, I tried to get the video of her performance together, and it went dead.  The program just shut off, sooooo, I forgot about posting it.  I was too impatient.  Me? Impatient?  NEVER!

They did a wonderful program about vegetables, flowers, and weeds.  Emma's class was picked to be the carrots, so they got to wear orange and green.  Let me tell ya, finding orange and green clothes for girls is NOT easy.  Her pants are so short because they were found in the toddler girl's section, and the shirt is from the boy's section.  It was the best I could do at that time of year.  She actually wore the same outfit yesterday to her Girl Scout field trip to Thinking Day.  Each troop represents a different country, and her troop got Ireland, so she dressed in the colors of the flag, orange, green and white.  I was happy she got more use out of the clothes!  Anyway, the program was really well done, and I'm impressed at what this music teacher can do with so many 7-8 year old children.  Emma LOVES performing in front of large groups *so opposite of myself* and was quite the ham.  I wish you could see her face better in the videos, but trust me, it was so much fun to watch in person.  I love this little girl and her enthusiasm for life!  She tried out, and was picked for a part in the play as a flower.  I think she did a beautiful job:)

Gianna, Emma, and Terrance.  A nice bunch of carrots!
William was having a blast.  uh. yeah.
Mrs. Hinds, the music teacher, and the vegetables of the garden.
Emma was right in the middle of the stage when she played her part of the flower.  They were supposed to have cute little skirts, but they were sadly forgotten.  They were all beautiful flowers anyway!
This video is only of Emma's number.  She did an awesome job!
Here is the entire performance, or at least all the songs.  I love watching how animated she is, especially compared to the kids right next to her. lol. Wish you could've come!

1 comment:

Grandma and Grandpa Taylor said...

Such talent we have in the family. Way to go Emma. Your grandma and grandpa taylor think you are great!!!