How about you, you, you? :) Ah, gotta love Peter, Paul and Mary! On Saturday, we found out that the kids' ball practices were cancelled due to the rain, so I suggested that we drive down to Columbia to the Riverbanks Zoo. Of course, right before we left, we got an email saying that Emma's practice was backed up to 4. We still had plenty of time, so we slapped bag lunches together and threw the kids in the car. I have to say, the drive isn't all that long, and the zoo is the perfect size. It's not so huge that you're exhausted from walking too much, and almost of the animals were easy to see. Little Preston was our guide the whole time, and would study his map to tell us where to go next. We let them play on the playground they have there, and William got sopping wet from the slide, not that he cared, so he went bottomless for most of the trip:) I think the highlight is when the kids got to feed the giraffes. We had so much fun and can't wait to go again!
I don't know why, but I think this one is funny.
It was neat to see the big animals out and prowling around.
heehee. 
this baby giraffe was so tiny...for a giraffe anyway! So cute!
Williams whole hand got sucked into the giraffe's mouth:)
Our guide, who stuck his head under the hand dryer and got this result. hee hee.

3 comments:
Looks like fun. I hope we can go when I visit next time!
So fun!! I think we are going to have make the drive to Detroit this summer for the zoo. We have one closer, but it doesn't have a whole lot. I love the picture of Preston with the giraffe--so cute.
Giraffes are my favorite zoo animal. They are not so wild and scary. In fact it seems at your zoo they are real friendly!!!! What an experience for the kids.
:)
Post a Comment