The kids checking out an exhibit. I love how much they get interested in things like this!
The great thing about Midland is that it is a town built for the community. Dow Chemicals is headquartered there, and they have made the town very family friendly. They have a science museum, gardens, playgrounds everywhere (very cool ones, I might add), a ball team, and a lot of other things.
We went to the museum on Tuesday (thanks reciprocating membership passes!) It isn't huge, but it was very interesting and laid out like a spiral. We had fun exploring everything, and at the end got to build Legos at their Lego exhibit.
Poor Cole, always stuck in the stroller. He really is a great little baby. I don't remember him crying one time while we were there.
Jack checking something out. So cute!
Evelyn with her giraffe hair. I love it, although I'm not sure I can do it now that she's cut her bangs. grrrrrrr...
The kids got to stamp little blocks of wood.
William trying to press the wood:)
and Jack! Good luck, skinny little boy!
Checking stuff out with dad.
This picture was so grainy, I think it's better as a black and white. It's almost all of the Taylor grandkids, we're just missing Axton. Wish you could've been there buddy!
We went in this soundproof room that plays music and the kids went batty, dancing around and singing. I thought it was pretty funny. Evelyn's got some wicked hip moves. Stretch it out Emma!
Dancin'!
Shake it William!
I love this one. They were having too much fun.
This was a virtual game. William and Jack were just doing whatever the big kids were doing. It was funny to see them all lean and jump together.
Lego man.
They had these huge Lego blocks and the kids loved them.
Preston helped build this with another little kid. He rarely asks me to take his picture, but he was proud of his creation. How could I resist?
heehee.
Evelyn and Preston's box. I may have helped a little.
I wish you lived here, Mindy and Matt, our boys get along so well! Oh, and so do we:)
Emma in a box.
We went blueberry picking on Wednesday at a local farm. There were tons of berries and the kids really seemed to enjoy it, especially the part where they pulled them off and ate them. They all discovered that they like to eat blueberries (not me, blech!) I love this picture.
Picking berries is serious work.
Um, Jack, that bucket is about as big as you. And can I remind you to stop being so cute? I can't stand it.
Heehee. I love Evelyn cheesing out of focus.
I wish we could have family pics taken here. It was really pretty and green. I love this picture.
On the way home from picking blueberries I noticed a sign that said, "Overlook Point" I was thinking it might overlook something pretty, but all I could see was Dow Chemicals. Mindy told me it overlooks the chemical plant. Nice! lol.
part 3 coming soon...

3 comments:
Thanks for posting all the great pics. We love seeing the kids and even Jack and Cole! They are all so cute!! I love the red hair.
I agree, Axton would have LOVED being there with all his cousins! I too love the pictures from when you went berry picking. It would be a great place for family photos to be taken.
I love blue berries and any fresh picked berries. Kids need to see where food really comes from. Glad they had the chance to go "pickin".
And love the photos too. Rebecca you went s bit picture crazy, but I love it. Can't wait for part 3.
Post a Comment