I know, I am lame because I haven't even finished the 2nd part of summer yet, but I need to get this up here, so there ya go. Is that a run on? I only took about 800 pics, and I picked about a tenth of them to share, so this is going to have to be in three parts!
This year, we decided to go visit Preston's brother, Matt, and his family for our summer vacation. They live in Michigan, about 800 miles from here, but the kids were great on the drive up. On the way we stopped in Charleston, WV, where my dad grew up. This is the street he lived on. Funny, huh? The neighborhood he grew up in is on some of the steepest streets Preston and I have ever seen. It's a little crazy.
Cute!
The kids on the stoop outside my dad's childhood home. William just woke up from a nap, hence the grumpy face. :)
We also decided to go visit my grandparent's grave (my dad's parents). It took me awhile to find it, because that graveyard is laid out so strangely, on a really tall grassy covered hill. I'm glad the kids got to see where part of their family is from and that I got an opportunity to tell them about my Mawmaw Dody. My Grandpa Price died when my dad was 7, so I don't know a lot about him.
When we finally got to Matt and Mindy's house, it was pretty late. It didn't help that we didn't start driving until 9am. Actually we started packing at around 7. whoops. On Saturday, we went swimming, went to the park across the street, and someone hit my parked van (and is taking care of the nice dent in the passenger door). I had a bad feeling when I moved it there and I should have moved it, but oh well. We also went to a baseball game at the stadium in their town. We sat on the grass and (sorta) watched. They had some great fireworks after the game, which William hated, but the rest of us enjoyed it.
On Monday, we went to a local park. Midland has a lot of really great parks. They need to move some of them here! It was a perfect day to go, not too hot.
Here is Cole, my adorable, strawberry blond headed nephew. Isn't he so cute??
Emma, I promise you'll grow into those teeth someday, but you're still pretty:)
The kids had a lot of fun exploring this park. It is a really fun one.
I think Cole loves his Mama.
Oh my. Jack. He may be one of the cutest creatures on this planet. I love his red hair and his personality. And I think he likes his Aunt Bebecca. He is so funny.
My kids do the strangest poses.
see?
William does this when I tell him I'm going to take a picture. Hands on hips, always hands on hips. he also does this when he dances.
Aunt Mindy and her two boys. :)
another strange pose, but I kinda like the lines in it. She insisted.
How can you not love a kid like this? He is so stinkin' cute!
Junie.
See? What in the world? lol
And this is where Preston knocked Evelyn in the head. They all look a little deranged to me. I don't know what is up with Emma and her hair. heehee.
And this is right before Evelyn started crying. Why are kids so violent?
I love these pics:) These guys really did get along really well.
Look how brown William is next to Jack! lol. He's also quite a few inches and pounds bigger than Jack as well.
heehee.
Uncle Matt helping the kids play hungry hippo.

2 comments:
They really are a super cute bunch of kids aren't they? It cracks me up that Jack and William are such completely different hues...makes me think maybe I'm a little heavy handed with the sunscreen (but then he's a redhead...) Look forward to part 2!
Keep them coming..... I can't get enough!!! Great photography by the way.
Post a Comment