Sunday, September 25, 2011

Let’s Go Mountaineers! Let’s Go!

DSC_4533
We started a first this year with football and cheerleading.  Big Preston thought that little Preston was ready for it, and I was not so sure.  He’s still a space cadet, and I wasn’t sure he could grasp the rules of the game.  Turns out, I was right, BUT he enjoys playing in the games and gets excited when they win.  He, and all of his 56 pounds, is on defense.  Some of the kids out there outweigh him by a good 30 pounds.  His job is to clog the lane so they get tripped up, and sometimes he does this well, and sometimes he gets knocked on his rear end.  It is really fun to watch little kids play football, and I spend a good deal of the time laughing.  They are so cute!  Evelyn is a cheerleader for the team and it fits her to a T.  She loves it!  They do such a great job keeping the spirit going for the team.  My favorite part is watching the half time show:).

Our cute cheerleaders!
CheersquadDSC_4443DSC_4445DSC_4447DSC_4449
Preston getting lined up for the game.  He is number 15.  I love their uniforms.  They are really sharp.
DSC_4453
Preston is on the far right.
DSC_4469Hee hee. KICKOFF!  She’s so cute!DSC_4478
Preston doing his job:)!DSC_4489DSC_4490DSC_4495DSC_4498DSC_4502
After the game.  Doesn’t he look so proud?  Cute boy.DSC_4529DSC_4538
Evelyn and Izzy are bff’s.  They are like two peas in a pod!
EvelynandIzEvelynandIz2
Here is the halftime show.  I love it.  Their coaches did such an awesome job choreographing it!

4 comments:

Grandma Taylor said...

I remember those days when Starlyn cheered. Evelyn is so cute at it. Luckily she is short too and mostly up front... for filming purposes.

Mindy said...

so very cute...both of them. I'm not sure Jack will ever be big enough for football much past this stage. Cole though....? My favorite are Evelyn's bobble head moves during the stunt at the end. So fun!

star said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
star said...

Evelyn is living my dream! I went to all my brothers' football games and always wanted to cheer. I think Evelyn is amazing! I think she is better than I ever was! I love their uniforms and show. I especially love that there wasn't too much "booty" in it. It was really well done. Preston looks so handsome and like you said, proud. Such fun things for you guys! Maybe we'll get to see them in action some time!