Oh man, are we in the South! hee hee. Preston and I went to get our driver's licences and licence plates the other day *don't even get me started on THAT fiasco, but I will say that we both passed* and we ran into so interesting people. As we were waiting in one of the lines, the guy in front of us began talking....and talking.....and talking. We understood maybe, oh, every 3rd or 4th word. The guy's accent was pretty thick, and I think he may have been hittin' the bottle a bit too, which didn't help, so Preston and I just nodded and mumbled things every now and then and that kept him happy. lol. We've met several people that we have a hard time understanding, but I'm sure that'll change after awhile. So far people are really friendly! We also get lots and lots of comments on the kids, which is a huge change from Utah, since kids are so abundant there. It is a VERY nice change.
Emma met a cute little girl down the street her age *yay!* and she came home saying, "Mom, they talk like cowboys and cowgirls." Love it!
Sometimes I could swear we were in the Bronx! Apparently a lot of people from New York are moving down here, and trust me, we notice. We've been warned that our kids could come out of here with a New York accent, which would be interesting. hee hee.
Dad is gone, and he will be missed and at the same time, not so missed. ;) I only say that because it'll be great to be in a semi routine type life, at least until gma and gpa taylor make it here, which will be a welcome change to the routine;)
Ooh, the bbq, oh so good. I'm so excited about restaurant choices out here! Sure, I may gain five pounds, but hey, it's fun!
We've been playing Guitar Hero on the Wii lately, and the other day, between songs Evelyn said, "Dunnel, dunnel, dunnel DUH! YOU ROCK MOM!" lol. And while I play, you can often see Emma headbanging. Oh man, what are we teaching them? and while I'm on the subject, where on earth did SHE learn that?? She doesn't watch that kind of stuff here. hmmm...interesting, maybe it's some inner instinct. The rock gene maybe.
I can't remember what else I was going to blog about. ah well, i'll remember in the wee hours, I'm sure. :)
10 years ago

4 comments:
I lived in New York and never got the New York accent.... but of course I lived upstate. We are enjoying having Starlyn here with us. It feels natural. It would have been great to have Jeff too but he is off making his way in the world.We are looking forward to seeing those cute kids in just over a week. Can't wait to see how big they all are. I barely had time with them over Christmas break with all that went on. I look ahead with visions of a slow and easy vacation.
We just got our Wii connected to the internet so we need to set it up so that we can play each other. We got my sister and her husband on our list last night and I must say it is pretty cool. Give me a call--I lost my cell phone and all the numbers in it!
Hey Rebecca! I love the pictures. I hope you're doing great!
Sweeet! Hope you're having fun out there.
Post a Comment