Wednesday, July 16, 2008

sorry for the absence!

The enormity of all the pictures I wanted to post has caused me to NOT post cause it takes forever to upload them to this program, so yes, I've been procrastinating. Can ya blame me??

ANYWAY, we've had a busy time. Grandma and Grandpa Taylor came to see us for Fourth of July AND Preston's 30th birthday *shhh...don't tell him that he's old now. hee hee* We all had a wonderful time and the kids loved spending time with them. For Preston's birthday we went out to eat and he got a BBQ for his birthday *and a house, and a car, and a new tv...the list goes on and on.* It's awesome! Thanks Taylors!! I think they both loved to play with the kiddles. Grandma spent lots of time reading, talking and playing with them, and Grandpa played his "sleep" game *or is it the dead game?? hee hee* where he pretends like he's sleeping but tickles and clamps on to the kids. They had a ball doing it, and I'm sure Grandpa thought they liked it just a bit TOO much. :)

For the Fourth, we just stayed home, TRIED to do some piddly fireworks *too windy* and then watched the fireworks in DC on the tv since it was threatening rain. We had absolutely no complaints and avoided crowds, sleepiness, and bug bites. yay!

Grandma and Emma, lovin' on the baby:)

Grandpa is teaching Preston the importance of "Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening, and Good Night."

Here's our cute family on the 4th!

*GASP!* Do you see the actual smile on John's face?? ;) Aren't they all so cute?

Grandma and William, how cute they are.


Emma lost her second tooth, she got a dollare from Grandpa Taylor, and five dollars from Grandpa Price *five for ALL the rest she'll lose I might add* and 2 from the tooth fairy! She made out like a bandit! The funniest thing about it is that the stinkin' tooth was loose for almost a week and I had to hold her down to get the thing out, but she was brave:)

Grandpa and the Kiddles. Don't they all look so nice? Although, not sure why Preston is scowling.

This one is just too cute:)

Evelyn had Grandpa help her with the sparkler. She did NOT want to hold it herself.


They are all so riveted by the spectacular fireworks. Pic of such fireworks to follow.

Spectacular Fireworks!

My little beauty.

Emma and the Sparkler.


Preston and his.

Here is the picture of the "drought" we are going through. uh yeah.


William's first time in the grass. That boy did not mind it a bit.


Oh heavens! I'm going to eat this boy up! His two teeth popped through a day or two after Grandma and Grandpa got here, yay!



William's first time with spaghetti. hee hee.



I have decided to do a homeschool during the summer, first to see if I can actually do it, and second, so the kids' brains don't turn to mush and third, to add structure to the day. Let's just say they looooooooooooooooooove it!



5 comments:

~April~ said...

Love it. Sounds like you had an awesome time!

Hillary said...

I'm so glad you finally updated!! It's about TIME! I still want to see pictures of the new house all decorated and moved into......

Anonymous said...

We love our "tradition" of being with your family on Preston's birthday and for the 4th of July holiday. Maybe next year you will have been in North Carolina long enough to know where the best holiday fireworks are.

Great fun! Great kids! Great house! Great time! Mahalo!!!!

Emily said...

Looks like you guys have been biz-zay. I always love your pictures!

pinon family said...

First of all-you are such a great photographer! It looks like you guys had a great time. How are you liking NC?