Friday, July 4, 2008

What a way to start the 4th!



This morning, bright and early, Emma was in my room, playing with William. As she tried to lift him up, she lost her balance and fell into the side railing on our bed. OUCH! I soothed her and told her it was ok, and felt the side of her head and didn't feel any big bumps. About 5 minutes later she came over to me with blood on her hand and said, "mom, my ear is bleeding." Whoa! Whoops! I felt like a bad mom, but don't we all at times? I looked at it and she had a deep *well, deep for an ear anyway* cut on the top of her ear. I woke up Grandma to look at it *sorry Grandma!* and she thought it needed to be looked at. I for one am never sure. Luckily, Preston came home just in time so I could take Emma without leaving Paulette stranded;). They got us in fairly quickly, and used some sort of glue instead of stitches. Emma was very brave throughout the whole ordeal! I'm just glad nothing worse happened. I am wondering though, why do kids ALWAYS do these things on holidays and weekends??

2 comments:

Emily said...

Ouch! I love all of your pictures though, your kids all have those stunning eyes.

~April~ said...

That stinks. I hope you had a great day otherwise. We should chat again soon. :)