I don't know what it is with this country, but it seems like people are afraid of the word Christmas. While I was getting some things printed at Kinko's the other day, a man was trying to get some cards made. The woman behind the counter told him they had no cards that said, "Merry Christmas" but they had plenty that said "Happy Holidays". Are they afraid they're going to offend somebody by using the word Christmas?? I don't get it! What about the people who WANT to say Merry Christmas? How dumb.
Going along with that, Emma's 1st grade program was Christmas free. It was a program called All About Friends, or something like that. Like the cute little elf said in The Santa Clause 2, "The desantification process has begun!" Are people getting offended at the mention of Santa too?? Sad.
One thing that really ticked me off last night is that the PTO had the nerve to pass out the "minutes" of their agenda and hold a PTO meeting before the program. We looked at the minutes for literally one minute before we were supposed to vote on it. What the?? This little meeting, by the way, was never mentioned in all the paperwork going home about this program. Grrr... the nerve of some people, we were both quite annoyed. Evelyn and Preston were past their limit and bedtimes so it was just torture to drag it out any longer than necessary.
Sorry, had to get that out of my system. hee hee.
Now, on to Emma's program. She did GREAT! I love watching them all sing and do little motions, it's one of the cutest things. She was so proud of her pretty hair and her dress and got called a princess by people at the school. I love going to these things, but next time we are getting babysitters! Preston got bumped several times, so sorry about the movement and the people in front of us kept moving in front of the camera.
Emma is so cute, dang it.
I just had to turn this into a Little House on the Prairie lookin photo. I love photoshop!

I was amazed, in the lighting in that gym, with my shaky hands, that I got a pic of cute William w/o a flash. Which is huge, for me.
I love this picture, even if it's not the best. If you look at all the kids and what they're doing, you'll get a good laugh. hee hee.
I realize that all 3 of you that read this blog probably won't want to watch the 3 minutes I put on here of Emma's first grade program, but the 2 of you that are grandparents will probably enjoy it! :) If you don't watch anything else, at least go to about 2:40 and watch the last one, it's kind of an Austin Power's type song, and it was too cute!

5 comments:
So cute!! I love the shoulder shrugs in that second song. Good job Emma! I can't believe they don't do Christmas programs anymore--those songs were so much fun in elementary school!
Emma did look like a little princess. What a great job in the program! William is a handsome little guy. Kinda reminds me of another kid.Wonder who?
Who knows what Christmas is even about these days, weird. I love William's old man hair in the last post, too cute ;)
Great video of Emma. We loved it. She is such a cutie!
I have to tell you...I haven't watched the video since you first posted it, but I often catch myself singing "it's so good to see you, I almost couldn't wait. Won't you clap your hands and count to eight!" Catchy!
Post a Comment