Williams 1st birthday party was a really relaxed affair. We invited our friend's, the Jolley's, over to have some cake and ice cream and a little fun:) Here's Michael getting into mariocart. I love how he gets up higher to steer. hee hee. That boy kicks butt at games!
William wasn't sure what to make of the cake, ice cream, and weirdies singing some random song to him, BUT he figured out the cake after a minute a two! Here he's not so sure.
After a thorough hosing down, he got down to opening presents. I think he rather enjoyed ripping paper off of things, it's something he likes to do, but usually that involves ripping pages out of books.
Do you just love the mixed theme of Superman plates and Sesame Street wrapping paper. Oh so much planning went into this affair! haha.
There is something about the way babies squat that is just too darn cute. I'm not sure if its the short legs or what, but I love when they do that.
This last weekend we finally got around to the tree. The first 5 years of marriage we used a little 3 foot tree as our Christmas tree, and then the year before last, I spotted a 6 foot tree for 5 bucks at Walmart. Why not? Last year we put it up in our apartment, and to us, it looked big and full and much nicer than our last one. Then we come to our house with 9 ft ceilings. Needless to say, the 6ft tree looks TINY in our greatroom, almost charlie brownish, BUT it's just fine with us. We'll get a new one at some great after Christmas sale and wait till next year for a big one. Its probably good anyway since William has already pulled it over once. :)
Of course we start out things by putting the tree together and then pulling out the trusty old dog biscuit box that holds the ornaments. Doesn't everyone have one of those?? lol. The kids had a lot of fun trimming the tree.
Here's the finished product after the kids were done. Beautiful, right? :) Ok, maybe a little bottom heavy, and cheap looking, but hey, it's alright, the kids think it is beautiful and that's all that matters to me!! (is it just me, or is the top of the tree crooked?)
I had to throw this one in, since I rarely get pics with my kiddles, not that I look particularly stunning, right out of the shower, but I'm with my baby boy who is just, well, edible he's so darn cute.
I forgot to add, today I was helping Evelyn get some clothes. The other day I got out some of Emma's old clothes that fit Evelyn (finally!) and showed her one of the shirts. She declared it as "Grilliant" lol, and put it on. While I was buttoning it up, she looked at me and mumbled, "Mom, this shirt is too boyishth," with her cute, subtle little lisp at the end. Oh, Evelyn, you girly girly girl, where did you come from??

4 comments:
Happy Birthday William! Those pictures are too cute...especially the baby squats in the diapers. Love the tree...we are enjoying your former 3ft Charlie Brown tree...it's a step up from the 1ft tree of our first two Christmases.(Thanks!)
I like the bottom heavy tree. It shows off all the work the kids did. you are not supposed to have a perfect tree at this stage. And them there is the "old folks", We are enjoying a 3 ft tree. It is just the right size for our little home. It has only a bow on top and the colored lights.
Merry Christmas to all!
William, William... how did you get so cute? I love his birthday pictures. I can't believe he is already 1! I love how the kids decorated the tree. We down graded this year and just got a tiny real one. I really like it though. Wow! Christmas is almost here.
Rebecca, I've been reading your blog & your kids are ADORABLE! Little William is too cute, just like his older siblings! I didn't realize Preston & Anna are the same age, how funny, they will both start K next year. Love the house & it looks like you are doing fantastic!
Post a Comment