Today is William's 1st birthday!! We absolutely love having this happy little boy in our family, he is a joy to us!! Happy Birthday Mr. Doodle!
We surprised the kids last week with a trip to Disneyworld. We drove all the way there without telling them where and why we were traveling so far! Here's a video of their reactions to the news of the real reason we were there! I love how Emma uses the word glorious, and how Preston says, "It rocks!" lol.
We started out at the Animal Kingdom, which we thouroughly enjoyed! They have so many learning activities and animals, it is like a theme park and zoo all rolled into one. Preston and my favorite was the Lion King show, and the kid's fav was "It's Tough to be a Bug" Of the rides, Mt Everest was the winner, I was sad that Preston and Evelyn couldn't ride it. We got to watch the Finding Nemo musical, which was excellent, and so much more.
The first ride we went on was the safari ride. A baby giraffe held up the ride by standing in front of a jeep and licking the hood. It was just so cool to be so close to giraffes, lions, rhinos, flamingos, wildebeasts, and so many more.
It was too exciting for little Pea.
The other thing that was great about Animal Kingdom is that we didn't have to wait long to meet the characters. They got to meet Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Rafiki, and Turk.
William was a really good baby for us, despite the snot constantly running down to his lips. Poor little dude.
The second day we went to Magic Kingdom, which is kind of the twin to Disneyland. It was semicrowded, but we got to ride almost everything we wanted, and the most we had to wait in line was 30 minutes, thank you fast pass!! We loved Philharmagic, a 3D song show, and, well, almost everything!
Here we are on the teacups, don't watch if you get easily nauseated! Sorry it gets pixelated. Does anyone know of a better video uploading site that I could use?? Oh man, we had so much fun!!!!!!!!
While we were getting on the Buzz Lightyear ride, they handed out these Mickey hats to us!! Apparently, it's part of the "Year of a Million Dreams Giveaway" or something like that. SCORE!! I was about to go get them all hats, so this worked out for me. Did I mention I love free stuff?
Here's a video of Evelyn talking about the "map" and other things, I don't understand a word, but she is just too cute, especially when she crosses her legs. hee hee. The other part of this video is the kids riding the Barnstormer with daddy. It's a really short kid roller coaster. I know you can't really see anything *although you get to see the castle if you look close* but I love hearing their reactions to the ride, and evelyn's classic "aaaaaa" hee hee.
sleepy little dude.
We had so much fun in the two days we spent there. I cannot WAIT to go again!!
We dropped by a beach along the Florida coast just for fun and to get outta the car.
Anyone wanna come with us next time?? We had so much fun.

9 comments:
That looks like so much fun! We went to Disney World 2 weeks after it opened and got stuck in Small World for about 45 min. with that song going the whole time. The video of the kids finding out where they were going is priceless. We hope to go with you next time!
Your trip looks like it was a "rockin' good time." Love this post- it must have taken you a long time to get it all put together! Thanks for sharing!
How fun!! I'd totally go with ya, but Florida is a *little* out of our way. :) Head on over to DisneyLAND, and you've got yourself a deal!
Looks like you had a fabulous time!
you're all so adorable. I love that you suprised them. How much fun are you guys!
I do! I do! And happy bday to William, he's looking older!
The joys of childhood. Looks like you all had a great time.
My favorite pic is the one of Evelyn sleeping...:) glad you guys had fun!
So much fun!!! I LOVED the suprise video!... you had a nice drive without the kids getting all 'wigged out'. I took Anna on a suprise outing to a Broadway musical.... it killed her not knowing where we were going ;).
Post a Comment