Sunday, November 2, 2008

Cake Balls and Halloween

Well, I've learned a lesson. I shouldn't post just about me and Preston, no one seems to like it! lol. Anyone there?? ;)

Well, I have a few things to blog about, but I think I'll only do part of it, otherwise I'd be sitting here all day.
Emma lost her second front tooth. It was hanging on by a thread and grossing us all out. It was stubborn, so Emma said, "Why don't we tie a string to the door?" So we did, and out that thing flew, and she didn't feel a thing! This is my favorite, she looks so darn cute!

Halloween was a low key day. Evelyn has been sick for a few days, nothing bad, but she is not her normal self, so I didn't want to drag her around. We went to our neighborhood Halloween Parade, which consisted of walking about half a block and back. That's it?? Strange! and then they give the kids a few treats and released us to go trick or treating. We took the kids down our street and the one next to us and came home. It's nice to live somewhere where we know the neighbors and feel safe taking them around. The kids also got to do Trunk or Treat at the church and loved that too.

All the kids were tourists for Halloween. Gma Price sent us some nice Aloha shirts and we borrowed some lais, and I paid a dollar for some white face paint. Yay for cheap!! William was not having it! I think we had to wake him up from a nap to leave.

My little nutjobs:)


For a Halloween activity, the kids and I made cake balls, and no cakes were castrated in the making of these treats. hee hee. We got the idea here from The Pioneer Woman, who has lots of fun stuff to read and learn. Now our cake balls didn't look near as cute, in fact they probably would qualify as cake wrecks, but we had fun and a yummy treat all the same!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The kids really look serious about decorating cake balls. We used to come home with a grocery bag full of loot. Sounds sickening now when I think of all that sugar! Emma looks so cute with her toothless look!

Anonymous said...

The cake balls look a little like pumpkins on sticks.
Cute!

Emma looks like several of my own students who are missing their two front teeth.

The tourist thing wouldn't work so well here in Hawaii. But you are all so adorable.

Hillary said...

Cake balls are a really cute idea!!

Erin said...

Those look just as yummy as you described them! How fun! Will you adopt me? You do fun things! What an awesome mom you are!

pinon family said...

I have been wanting to try those cake pops! They turned out adorable...now I might be brave enough to let Gabe and Carly help me. The kids were adorable, loved the theme!

Emily said...

Cute! I think I just forgot to comment on your last post, I do that often when I have too many tabs open!

Jolley's said...

ummm...yummy! what a cute idea!