Aah, she's such a natural, isn't she folks? Can you hear the whoosh as she completely misses the ball? hee hee.
Here's Evelyn's team, minus one who was inside watching a movie. Could Evelyn be any shorter?? I need to start giving her her Flintstones. Oh, and that crazy coach, Scott, wore his hat from his Toadstool costume. hee hee.
This is how Evelyn plays, pretty much, holding hands with Maddi or Scott almost THE WHOLE TIME! It's like a game of crack the whip.
I LOVE this picture! I love how she's shoving Kate out of the way to aggressively kick the ball! Way to go Evelyn!! ;)
And then...she quit playing and climbed in this car. I had to tell her several time to get back to the game, and she came back several times. After she had the fill of the car, she stood in the middle of the field pulling leaves apart. Where's the competitive edge?? Oh well, she has fun anyway, and that's the whole point.
THIS is what we've had to do to the filing cabinet lately. A certain almost one year old, who shall remain nameless, likes to open up the drawers and fling its contents ALL OVER THE FLOOR! lol. Ya tell him no, pull him away, shut the drawer, and he'll march back over, look you in the eye, open the drawer and fling its contents ALL OVER THE FLOOR! hee hee. Silly little thing.
Last Saturday was perfect weather, and we had a coupon, so we went to the Renaissance Festival for the Charlotte area. It is a REALLY cool festival, although we did not realize that not only do you pay to get in, you pay for almost everything else. Did you know they had ATMs back in the Medieval times?? I didn't either. There were, however, lots of shows and things for us to watch. We got to see some jousting, which was just, so cool, although the bees flying about were driving us nuts. Our side was, of course, rooting for the blaggard, unjust, pompous knight. He was really good, but alas, he had his throat slit at the end. There was actually arterial spray, which I wasn't expecting, but the only one who noticed was Emma and she knew it was fake, thank heavens! Plus it helped that he popped right up after the scene was over. Here's Emma and the Knight.
They also got to play some games and see street performers. Some of the people have a lot of talent and some of them, well, have a little less, but we enjoyed it all.
I love these pics. lol. If you click on them you can see them bigger, the one of Preston and Emma is just too funny!
I love these pics. lol. If you click on them you can see them bigger, the one of Preston and Emma is just too funny!
The kids got to meet Mother Goose, and the goose was nice enough to give us all hugs, pretty cool, eh?
I think William was a bit bored. oh well.
We got to see this guy demonstrate glass blowing. It really is cool to watch, although it was a bit boring for the kids. Preston and I really enjoyed it.
Meet Judy. Judy is 40 years old and is a celebrity! When she was a baby, she got to be on the Captain Kangaroo show, how cool is that?? This was the highlight of the day for the kiddles. The elephant rides only cost 3 bucks a kid, as opposed to the 20 bucks or whatever it was to ride the elephant at the circus. It was a steal! It is not something you get to do every day!
Me and Emma with the "Treeman" and the birdman, who was a bit of a wierdy, but he made the kids giggle quite a bit. He'd flap his wings and make funny noises, and he did a bit of magic.
It is because of people like this that I did not bring my nice camera to the festival. lol. Call me a snob if you must. He even took the pipe out and licked it. ewwwwwwww...
I had a hard time this year choosing where to take the girls for dance, and then deciding which class to put Emma in. The first one was way too easy and the one she's in is challenging. Her teacher says she's doing "alright" as she gives me the "so-so" sign with her hand, but says she's got lots of potential. Denna, WE MISS YOU!! *sniff* But I'm proud of Emma, and from what I saw last night she's doing great! Her skipping cracks me up!! What do you think Denna? Emma also is taking a tumbling class after this one. She is, by far, one of the best in the class, and it was great to see her excel. Some of these girls, who are 2 or 3 years older, cannot even do somersaults. I was shocked!! I mean, it is obviously not their fault they don't know how, but it is strange to see tall, spindly girls struggle with that, especially when my 3 year old can do it easily. They were also asked to do tripods for five seconds. Emma was on her head, balanced, for well over a minute and a half! Way to go Lady and thanks again Denna! By the way, I about had a heart attack when I saw how much we owe for ONE recital and 3 costumes. blech. Oh, Emma is the little girl on the right, in black with pigtails. I love her curtsy at the end.
We got to see Wall-E this Monday for a whopping $2.50, not per person, total! How cool is that?? We all enjoyed it and I thought it had a great message without being over the top. So a couple of days ago, this was a conversation I had with little Preston.
Him: Mom, when are we going to the movie feetier?
Me: The feetier? *of course I know what he means, but I love making them say things like that over and over. hee hee.*
Him: You know, the feetier, the movie feetier where we saw Wall-E?
Me: OH! The Feetier! I know what your talking about. Um, I don't know when.
Lol. You gotta love those kids!! Evelyn just said, I need my Junk Rote. Meaning, of course, her jump rope. hee hee.

5 comments:
You have had some awesome experiences lately. How fun for you ans the kids. Charlotte seems to have some great cultural activities. Evelyn looks like she is having a great time and you are right she is tiny. Are they all the same age. Emma is doing great in her dance class. I loved it. Preston does seem to say the cutest things. It is so cool how you catch him at it. So much is missed by people not really listening. I remember plenty of times that my children emptied shelves and boxes. Their curiosity gets the best of them at such a young age. Thanks for the update. Always happy to see pictures.
Neato! I love renaissance festivals. We used to go to the one at Newman U every year. We had you on an elephant when you were little. At that time it was an elphanant to you! Go Emma!! She's doing great. I can't wait for Christmas to see them all.
Yeah Emma! That is a lot of dance to remember. I am so proud of you.
Hugging the goose looks so hilarious! I love it, only at a Renaissance Fest. Ewww to the nose piccolo guy!
You guys keep so busy, how fun. I always love the things your kids say, they are so funny.
Post a Comment