Saturday, September 26, 2009

Batter Up!!

Emma and Preston are playing softball and t-ball during the fall season, and so far, Emma loves it and Preston is not sure. He lacks the competitive spirit of the Taylor side. Preston is very good at batting and is hitting the coach pitches instead of off the tee, but he likes to take his sweet time getting to the bases. I think he'll speed up the next few games since we've given him some motivation *like, uh, no treats unless you try really hard* T-ball is funny because there are no outs and everyone bats. Some kids don't understand why, when they tag someone with the ball, the person isn't out. I'm with the kids, makes no sense. Why would they want to learn to tag them out or throw to first if there is no point??

Emma, on the other hand, tries her very best every game and is doing a great job. She's one of a few on her team that actually hit the ball during the game *yay Emma!* and she's learning to get in front of the ball. She is LOVING the game, even though she doesn't know it too well yet:)

Evelyn loves to get filthy at the playground next to the fields, we're talking sand in the hair, orange dirt face dirty! blech. William hangs with me to cheer on the Tigers and Rays.

Preston with a game face on, or is that boredom?

lol. I love this one. Preston does NOT look happy and that girl's helmet cracks me up!! Darn it, they are cute!

Preston getting ready to bat. Isn't he so tiny?


Emma's cute little batting stance. I ordered Emma youth small pants, and got mislabeled adult smalls. Her pants are HUGE! Thank heavens for belts!

The girls have to wear a mouthpiece to protect their teeth, although I don't see the point for Emma since she still doesn't have her front teeth (they are peeking through though after almost a year!)



 I had to throw these in since they are cute. Preston is teaching William to smell his feet. It's a tradition we teach all our babies...although, we do not smell our own feet. hee hee.

two dimpled chin dudes:)

2 comments:

Grimes said...

love your pics! very cute baseball players =)

Grandma Taylor said...

Busy times for you. Fun times for you! Where did the time go? It wasn't that long ago when I was taking Preston and his brothers and little sister to baseball games. Well I guess it really was......