William is hilarious with his chipmunk smile. He looks huge and almost as tall as Evelyn in this picture. oh wait, he IS almost as tall as Evelyn. And Preston looks so different with his hair longer. love it.
We started out the summer by going camping about an hour away. Me? I'm no fan of camping, BUT we had a fun time anyway, especially since it was only one night. heehee. Preston was excited to try out our new HUGE tent. It is big, maybe even too big, but at least we had room:) Our spot was really hot because there were no trees, but we survived. We borrowed a game (ladder ball, I think) from our friends, the Jolleys, and William was in heaven the whole time. He loves throwing balls, but put two together and fuggedaboutit.
The best part of the whole trip is when we all went to bed for the night. The kids were not laying down and kept looking out the back window of the tent that faced the trees. I finally asked them what they were looking at and they told me to come look. There were MILLIONS of lightning bugs flying through the trees. It really looked like all of the trees had strings and strings of blinking Christmas lights on them. It was really quite beautiful.
silly.
William's ready to play!
Grandma and Grandpa Taylor came to visit about a week after school let out. The kids were really excited to see them and so were we! Unfortunately, my slr had issues and I had to send it away while they were here, so there is a serious lack of photos. Sorry Paulette! We mainly just stayed at home and hung out. Fun, easy times are good for us! The kids got to play catch with Grandpa in the backyard. Thanks for coming Grandma and Grandpa! We wish we could see you more often!! *cough* move to the mainland *cough* :)
Emma playing catch with Grandpa.
Ice cream cone!
stretch!
Can you believe it? I caught a John smile on camera! *gasp*
Preston's batting face. He's intimidating the pitcher. lol. I'd be scared!
Big Preston got some moulah from his parents for his birthday and father's day, and John jokingly scoffed at the lack of money in his card. Emma ran inside and made him some money out of construction paper. She's so sweet.
hugs.
Evelyn is ready to play!
Grandpa and Preston playing catch.
more to come...

2 comments:
I'm just finishing up a blog post with almost the same title, haha! Looks like you guys have been having fun!
BTW--did your email get hacked? I just got a random email from you, I didn't open it.
My summer is over:(
We had a good time with you. Next year we hope it is with everyone all in one place. Matt is trying to make it happen. When do your kids get out of school next year...? What a question! They haven't even gone back yet. Let Matt know so we can make it happen.
Post a Comment