The kids all got eye exams last week and, thankfully, only Emma needed some updating. Aren’t her new glasses cute? She is now upgraded to wearing them all day, rather than just at school.
The kids are really excited about the new baby. The girls are heavily rooting for a girl and the boys for a boy. I tell them all that "We get what we get and we don’t throw a fit! Of course, I need to tell myself that as well. We found a notebook of Emma’s that has a ton of names she’s already picked out for the baby and some of them are really, um, interesting, and funny. She’s written down 47 boy names and 12 girl names. It looks like she got interrupted doing the girl’s side.
Here are some of the choices:
Boys: Bob, Larry (Veggie Tales anyone? lol), Steve, Preston (haven’t we used this enough??), William (ditto), Yan, Jerry (wha?), Miecal (not sure what that is supposed to be), Cannon, Braxton (starting to sound familiar? heehee), Guy, Percy…
Girls: Emma, Taylor (yeah, Taylor Taylor, that would work), Elizabeth, Evelyn, June, Rebecca (repeat, repeat, and repeat), Caroline, Avery…
I love this girl for thinking about it and for wanting to help.
We went to the zoo this weekend in Columbia, and it had to be the hottest weekend so far. It was almost 90 degrees, the humidity was killer, and the breeze was nonexistent. What is fantastic about this zoo is that it is compact with plenty to see. My favorite part was the aquarium with the air conditioner. It was nice to spend time as a family and not have to worry about any schedules, games, or any other commitments!
William with Daddy
These kids are my favorite. They didn’t complain one bit about the heat, but they did complain about the pain from the brand new flip flops they just had to wear. New blisters, yay!

4 comments:
How did I miss the announcement?? Congrats!! Hope you're feeling well!
My guess is Miecal is Michael. :)
Ha! Your kids are so cute and funny...though you're right that sleeping William pic is a little creepy. Emma's name ideas were hilarious. I suggest you name the baby Preston Rebecca Emma Preston II Evelyn William Taylor Taylor. Yep, sounds perfect.
It is getting really warm here too. The AC in my classroom is out and it may not be fixed until it gets approval again. If you know the DOE in Hawaii, I will probably retire before that happens.
Your kids are just so dang cute I am so excited there will be another cute little Taylor running around. Congrats on the new baby, that is very exciting.
Post a Comment