Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter! and Spring Break!

DSC_2983
Happy Easter!  We had a nice, relaxing morning before church.  I love 11:00 am services.  It makes getting ready so much less stressful!  The kids had a good time hunting Easter eggs, and we also talked about why we celebrate.DSC_2984DSC_2985DSC_2986DSC_2987DSC_2991DSC_2996DSC_2997DSC_3000
These pics are all over exposed, but they’re cute anyway.  I attempted to do halo braids on the girls.  I think they turned out fairly nice, especially considering my lack of practice/skills.  Emma’s is a bit lopsided, but oh well.  It’s amazing to me how different the girls’ hair texture is.  Emma’s hair is so much thicker!
DSC_3001DSC_3003DSC_3005DSC_3004DSC_3006DSC_3011
During spring break we headed out to a local farm to pick some strawberries.  I made a mistake by giving each kid their own box to fill.  Preston filled his to capacity and then some, and the rest were about 3/4 full.  I walked behind them chanting, “No green ones. Only red ones.  Just the red ones.  The red, red ones.  NO green.”  I did this mostly for William, and I’m impressed with how well they did in choosing only ripe ones.  In the end, I bought about 30 bucks in strawberries (oops) and let’s just say, we’ve got A LOT of freezer jam.  YUM!DSC_2932DSC_2934
Emma, Emma, someday your face will catch up with your teeth.  She always has hair in her face.  Don’t you want to brush it back?DSC_2937DSC_2940DSC_2944
I love this one!DSC_2947
I don’t know what is up with Emma winking.  Silly girl.DSC_2949DSC_2956
GASP!  I’m in a picture.  It’s a spring break miracle!DSC_2961DSC_2962DSC_2969
These crack me up!DSC_2970
This is Emma’s face. hahaha!DSC_2970-1DSC_2971
Evelyn was too little to put her face in the hole, check out her feet!  Emma had to help her up.DSC_2971-1
William and Evelyn were playing together by themselves and I realized it was a little bit too quiet.  William came down and this is what they were up to. haha!  William informed me he was a spider.  I think Evelyn actually made him a cat, but he chose what he wanted to be.  He’s so funny.  He kept growling, which apparently is what spiders do.  I’ll have to listen next time I stop screaming when I see one.DSC_2922DSC_2924DSC_2927DSC_2930

3 comments:

paulette said...

Happy Easter!

Jennifer Barnes said...

Those first pictures of Evelyn and Emma I almost thought were the same kid. HOLY COW! And when did Little Preston get SOOO big, he doesn't look like a little boy anymore. So glad you guys had a fun spring break, I love the Easter outfits!

todd & nicole said...

You are making me so sad that I am going to miss berry season in Oregon. Your kids are adorable as always.