William in his burg:)!
The second week in August, we went to Williamsburg, VA. It was a nice, easy drive at about 5ish hours, and the kids were really good on the way there. When we entered Williamsburg, I said, “Yay! We’re in Williamsburg!” William replied with, “This is my burg?” LOL! That boy is so cute! We got a great deal on a crappy hotel, thanks to a timeshare presentation. It was the dampest place I have ever slept in. Getting into a bed with sheets that feel wet is not pleasant, and I couldn’t wait to get home to my dry bed! Despite that, the hotel breakfast was good, and the kids always love staying in a hotel, so it was worth it. I got to see a friend from high school, who happens to live in the area (Hi Jessica!) and it was fun to meet her family and eat at the best mexican restaurant ever!
Jessica and I:) We haven’t changed at all since school, right? Right??
William was really ticked off, and so I took a picture of him, thinking it would make him laugh. OH, so no true, it just set him off further. Oops! If looks could kill!
On the day we decided to do some touristy things, Emma woke up saying her tummy hurt, and then every other kid made the same statement. Misery loves company, right? Fortunately for us, it was only Emma who was truly sick, unfortunately for her, she had some digestion issues all day. She was a trooper and took it all in stride. Since I am giant with child, we decided against a lengthy day in Colonial Williamsburg, and decided to go to the Jamestown Settlement instead. It is a really nice indoor/outdoor museum, complete with a Powhatan Indian village, a fort, replicas of the ships that the settlers came over on, and plenty of benches for me to sit on. The kids loved the hands on activities, which were all outside. Unfortunately, it was about a zillion degrees outside, but we all survived.
Preston and the kids traveling the way of the settlers on the map.
The kids really liked the corn grinding thingy. William especially liked it. He went to every hut to make sure he tried each one. I’m not so sure they’d love it if it was their daily chore!



Scraping membranes off of a hide to prepare the leather for further treatment. Gross, but I’m sure it is essential in the way the Indians made their clothes and other things.
My little soldiers. heeheehee. I love these pictures.
Between the soldier getup and this hut, Emma had another attack, but just kept on going. Poor little thing. This guy was funny and told her to tell people that he was her drinking buddy. When he asked what drink she liked, she said, “root beer.” My kind of girl.
My poor little Cinderelly.
On the last day, we decided to check out Colonial Williamsburg, without actually buying tickets. You can walk around, you just can’t go into some of the historical houses and shops. I lasted about an hour with all the heat and walking, but it was still kind of fun to see the colonial streets, houses, and costumes. I’m glad we went on this trip, but it is for sure the last one I’m doing before this baby comes. I’m so done!

They all posed for me in really strange ways. Silly kids.
In a colonial garden.
This guy was outside a shoe maker’s shop, and showed the kids an old fashioned toy.
My little settlers.
My little ladies.

3 comments:
I love these pictures. The kids all look like they were having fun! That's what it's all about, learn and have fun!
Looks like you had fun! Love the pictures...your kids are awesome for the camera. William especially cracks me up!
What a fun and educational visit. They will remember this one. Great pics.
Post a Comment