Friday, April 27, 2012

A Trip to the Zoo

IMG_0651
Preston, Evelyn, Olivia, William, Riley and Jacob

Over spring break, we went to the Riverbanks Zoo in Columbia, SC with our neighbors, the Cramtons.  It was the perfect weather, and the kids behaved beautifully.  I love trips like that!!  Everyone had their own buddy, and the only one who wandered off was William (no surprise there).  We all had a really fun time.  Thanks Cramtons!!

Daddy helping Evelyn and William see the baboons.
IMG_0659
I let the kids have a cup of nectar to feed the lorikeets.  The birds were flying all over us.  I even had one go on my head.
IMG_0668
Heehee.IMG_0670IMG_0673
Riley was the only Cramton that wanted to try it;)IMG_0675IMG_0676IMG_0686
James is going through a snorty phase.  He looks so much like little Preston when he does it!IMG_0694
All of the kids standing like flamingoes.IMG_0698
 The kids kept chanting that they wanted to see the penguins, over and over and over.  We get in there and it smells so bad, they can’t wait to get out! lol.IMG_07101
A picture with me in it! *GASP!* and I took it. lol.IMG_0714IMG_0718Buddies!
IMG_0680IMG_0720
IMG_0775
So cute!IMG_0773IMG_0725
My boys make some interesting faces.
IMG_0736IMG_0738
Feeding the giraffes.  I tried to get a picture of everyone, but it was too crowded.
IMG_0760
I think Preston’s on the wrong side of the glass;)IMG_0780
 Me and my little friend.  I love this little boy.IMG_0787
Heehee.
IMG_0789
I love this picture.  These kids are awesome!
IMG_0791
 Oh look, it’s a family picture.  Oh wait, where’s Emma?  She was in Savannah with the girl scouts.IMG_0794
The Cramtons:)
IMG_0795
After the Zoo, we parted ways with our friends and went to visit the Columbia, SC temple for our church.  The kids were really excited.
IMG_0800IMG_0809IMG_0810
While we were taking some pics outside the temple, one of the patrons invited us into the visitor’s room.  The kids were so psyched!!  While we were sitting in there, little Preston said, “I’m actually breathing temple air.” lol.  So funny!!  It was a nice opportunity to talk to them a little about special things we get to do in the temple.
IMG_0817
 James looks like he’s doing some funky skater move. heehee.IMG_0818IMG_0820

2 comments:

star said...

What a fun group! James is so stinkin' cute!

Rach said...

I don't think I've ever commented on your blog before, but I'm doing it now! Your kids are so cute, especially your baby. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I love going to the zoo.