Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Emma’s 10th Birthday!

DSC_7779
My super cool, nerdy, wonderful, spunky, smart, creative, adorable Emma turned 10!  How did this happen??  Ten years has gone by super fast, yet it seems like she’s been here forever!  Emma is a great daughter and sister.  I wish I had five just like her:)!  For her birthday this year, we kept it small, but fun.  She decided on going bowling and on having a non sleepover party, where everyone got to stay late.  They told stories (in English accents) played Mario Bros. Wii, did manicures with Skittles flavored nail polish, and generally had a good time. I think it was a big success and Emma was sad when it was over.
Emma is not the best bowler, but she had a great attitude.  She was driving me and Abby crazy by rolling the ball and then walking away.  Apparently, Abby is like me and likes to see what pins she hits, if any. lol.  All of the girls were grateful for the bumper rails, as was I. 
DSC_7754DSC_7755
DSC_7757
Such cute girls!  Kennedy, Emma, Carly and AbbyDSC_7772
Sadly, the birthday girl came in last…both times;)
DSC_7782
Here's a video of the bowling fun.  I threw a bit of Carly bowling as well, cause she was too funny.  She tap danced on the way up, rolled the ball, and then tap danced all the way back.  It made me laugh every time!
All of these girls are so pretty.  Where’d the ugly stage go??  I was afflicted by this at their age.  So not fair!DSC_7794
Goof!DSC_7802
Emma wanted a cookie cake for her birthday.  YES PLEASE!  It was the easiest “cake” I’ve ever made for a birthday, not that that is saying much. lol.DSC_7806
Nails!
DSC_7807DSC_7809DSC_7810DSC_7812
DSC_7811
Emma wanted these fuzzy slippers from Justice so bad, thanks 40% off the 40% off sale!DSC_7813
I wonder if any of these girls are drama queens.  hmmm…I know at least one is:)  They are so funny!  This is what I got when I said to pose for the picture!
DSC_7815
Cute!DSC_7816
Emma had her fourth grade program on her actual birthday.  She tried out for every solo, and didn’t get one, darn it.  She’s not the best singer, so I’m not surprised, but she’s got guts to at least try out.  I LOVED this program, it was so cute!  It is, by far, my favorite of all of the ones we’ve been to so far.  Again, their music teacher, Ms. Hinds, does a fantastic job with these kids.  Sorry these pics have strange looking colors.  I think I’m getting worse at picture taking.
I love this picture of her!DSC_7822
Here's a video of one of my favorites.

Emma’s teacher, Mrs. Tucker, was the pirate captain in the production.  She’s AWESOME!  Emma has learned so much from her.  This year is so much better than last year thanks to Mrs. Tucker.  I love teachers who care!DSC_7851

2 comments:

k said...

love love love....keep up the good work and the cute kids!

Grandma Taylor said...

What is most scary is that in just two years she will be in young womens....