Monday, March 17, 2008

Emma's Birthday Party and other random things...

Emma is turning SIX! How is this happening?? Wasn't she just born? Oh wait, I have four of them now, so it makes sense. We had her party a bit early this year since we'll be going out of town the day after her birthday, but I think it worked out really well. She wanted a party at McDonalds and she got it! It was really fun and laid back, not much preparation went into this one, and this momma likes that. Here's the effort I went to for the cake. lol. Actually, Emma put the pony AND the candles on by herself so she did an awesome job!



William was falling asleep. too much excitement for him, I'm sure.


I used my point and shoot camera, so the pics are all kinda bleh and the video has a clicking *always, annoying*, but oh well. I didn't want to lug my bigger camera along with everything else.

Little sidenotes:

We bought a new music CD for the kids by Laurie Berkner and the kids absolutely LOVE it. I highly recommend this to anyone with kidlets, very very fun. It has a song called Walk Along the River that sings ooh wah, and little Preston comes in and says, "Mom, they're saying hula, so why don't they hula?" while he's doing the hula himself. It was so funny! lol.

Also, I took William in today to the dr cause, well, we've been sick around here for weeks, and by weeks I mean NINE weeks. William's been restless the last couple of nights, gagging on phlem and coughing, and can hardly cry. Poor little man. Anyway, he only gained 13 oz in the last month, which is a relief to me. Anything is better than 2 pounds a month, I have to carry him around! He's still in a great range for his age so I'm really happy about that. Don't get me wrong, I'm so happy he's growing well and thriving, but man, sumthin' had to give, otherwise he'd be 20 pounds at 6 months! He's the same weight now as Evelyn was at 8 months and he's only 3.5 months! He's fine, by the way, his lungs are clear and his ears look good. Dr. said it could be allergies or a virus. Whatever it is I hope it makes its exit fairly soon, this mom and dad needs their sleep!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like everyone had fun. Glad it was a good day for Emma.
Hope you are all well soon. Last year it took me 3 months to get better from a cough. I have a cough now and am going to the doctor tomorrow. I am not hoping it will "Just get better" like I did last year because it never did on its own.

Hillary said...

Happy birthday, Emma! And sorry you're all still sick. We're dealing with the same crud right now, too. We haven't been to church in at least 6 weeks. I've lost track now. K woke up the other morning with a 105 temperature, and the other 2 kids have subsequently come down with the same crap (although not nearly as high of temps, thank GOODNESS!). They're much better today, so I'm hoping we're almost done with it for good! Hang in there!

Emily said...

Happy birthday Emma! Flashback 6 years ago, I totally remember holding Emma at your apartment after she was born and I can't believe how fast time flies.

Gotta love Mickey-D's!