We went bowling today for the first time as a family. It was exhausting, but lots of fun! The kids got to bowl with bumper rails, and we wished that we could have used them too. Boy do Preston and I STINK at bowling! Both Emma and Preston got strikes and several spares, Evelyn also got some spares. Little Preston was not very happy when his ball did not go where he wanted. I am hoping this attitude does not carry over into sports as he gets older, if so, I feel really sorry for his coaches! He would also try to use body language AFTER he rolled the ball to try to get it to go a certain direction. lol. Don't we all do that? Bub also went a little too far down the alley, slipped and fell right onto his back. Poor thing! He was fine though. The kids all used a 6 pound ball. It was so funny to see them roll it and it would knock a few down and then just bounce off of others. hee hee.
When we were getting ready to go to the bowling alley I told all the kids to get their shoes on, I did not take the time to check and see which shoes they put on. When we got to the bowling alley Preston said, "Did you notice Evelyn's shoes?" I looked down and she had two left shoes on, one was hers and one was Emma's. lol. I don't know how she walked in those! We all had fun, but it really helped us decide to NOT have a bowling party for Emma, maybe another time!
Here's Preston explaining the rules.

Emma lining up her shot!

She did this every time she'd roll the ball. hee hee.
Little Preston taking a turn.
Watching his ball speed down the alley. lol.

Evelyn did this EVERY TIME she'd roll the ball down the alley, it was so funny.

Here's Evelyn's shoes, two leftys and one of them is Emma's. lol.

William had to take a turn, of course.

Is he adorable or what?? He's sporting his new BYU hat.
5 comments:
They're all so cute! I especially love Evelyn's little bowling stance.
I love it! The shoes are cracking me up... hee hee. It sounds like you had a blast just by watching them.
Looks like fun! I love that William had his turn too! What a cute picture of him at the end of your post!
It looks like everyone had a great time. It has been a while since I went bowling. I think I used the 6 lb ball too. I have always had little strength in my wrists.
How fun! We haven't been bowling in quite a while, but our kids sure love it! Maybe this week during spring break...
Post a Comment