Friday, August 22, 2008

Ballet and Butt Flying

First off, somebody needs to haul this baby girl in for illegal levels of CUTENESS! Heavens! If you don't believe me, click to enlarge.

Evelyn's first day of dance started on Thursday, and boy was she rarin' to go! We got to the dance studio a little earlier than we needed to, and she kept trying to go into the studio. "Can I go to my danth clath now Mom?" While the other girls were snuggled on their mothers' laps, Evelyn was pulling on my hand, impatient to start. I love this quality about her, but at the same time, I wish she had a little bit of need to snuggle me too. Whaddya do? You let 'em go, of course! At the end of class all the parents were let into the room to watch a little "routine" they had worked on, and it was just too cute. Couldn't you just eat her up with a spoon? My goodness! Nobody should be allowed to be so gorgeous!!







Here she is in her class, I think she's telling the teacher where her mom is.



She just started the dance, and wanted to make sure I was still there. She did so well, and was actually singing along.





And yes, I said Butt Flying. You don't know what Butt Flying is??!? Well then, let me introduce you to the sport. First, you have one person lay on the ground on their back with feet in the air in the launch position, then have the second person sit on the launching pad.




You give yourselves a little countdown and then LAUNCH!! Hilarity ensues.



Oh, how I love this picture. lol.







The kids came up with the term "Butt Flying" all on their own, the creative little buggers. They make this kind of stuff up all the time, and it is all pretty funny. Little Preston came downstairs the other day in just undies and I asked him why he was just in undies and his reply was, "Well, I'm only in undies 'cause I'm the Undie King." All Hail King Undie! LONG LIVE THE KING!! lol.




Here's a pic of William thrown in just for the cute of it.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe that was a family favorite of mine growing up. I am not sure that we had a name for it however. I remember good times until MOM said ENOUGH!!!

Katie said...

Your kids are so cute! I can't get over them. Evelyn looks so pretty in her dance class. If my kids did the butt flying, I'm sure we would have major injuries, so I'm not going to teach them that. It looks like you guys have so much fun.

kimpope08 said...

DEFINATELY cute kids Rebecca! You can just pay the fines right to me (although I'll owe ya back cause mine are pretty darn cute too)!

Carly Andelin said...

So cute pics of Evelyn!!! I love that one of her where you see her back side and she turns around with this little surprised look on her face. So cute!

Emily said...

Bwahaha, we never had a name for it but my friends, siblings and I always did the "butt flying" thing when we were kids.

And I agree Evelyn is too cute for words! Your photography just keeps getting more and more impressive by the way!