We went to the pool this one day and apparently as we were walking there I did not even glance at the sky, which was filling up quickly with black clouds. It was nuts, BUT in the short time we were there we got some cute pics of the kids playing in the water. I love being able to use a really quick shutter speed, it makes water look so cool! :)
Here is after the black cloud and the zillion mile per hour wind came in.
This made me think of ruby red slippers and dogs named Toto.
This past weekend we went to the beaches in North and South Carolina. Our goal was to scout out potential beaches for the annual Price reunion my family has. I am happy to say we found a couple and had a lot of fun in the process! Imagine, a beach reunion where we can actually SWIM in the ocean! Amazing! lol. Our reunions in the past have been on the Oregon coast, where you generally where sweatshirts and don't dare go past your ankles *if you even dare to go that far!* for fear of hypothermia. I think having our reunion in the WARM Atlantic ocean and with soft sandy beaches will be a nice change, not that Oregon is not nice, but it'll definitely be different.
First we went to a place in SC that was suggested by a friend and it was just crawling with people. It looked like a nice place, for sure, but just too crowded. Then we went north to Litchfield beach, where we found a hotel for the night and then hit the beach. Oh man! We had sooooooo much fun!! The kids couldn't get enough of playing in the sand, wading in the water, and finding seashells. We also got to have special time with each one since Grandma was here to help watch the others while Daddy and Me got to take each of them out to bob in the waves. Little Preston tried many times to "beat" the waves into submission, and let's just say the waves won. We also told him to dive into the waves and did a complete somersault instead. hee hee. Williams favorite thing about the beach was eating the sand. He would take big handfuls and shove it in his mouth. Gak! Let's just say it came out the other end the next day. I don't know how he got past the texture! He did NOT care for the waves at all. I think the sound of them spooked him a little. We went up to Myrtle Beach Saturday night to eat, and it was very interesting. Touristy, some might say, or...oh, I guess EVERYONE would say. Man do they have a ton of cheap shops. whew.
The next morning we went to the beach at 8 and stayed till we had to check out at 11. Even at 8 it was warm enough in the water to get in! Looooooooove it! We wound our way up into NC and made our way to another beach. The gps led the way, which was right to a ferry. lol. It was so funny to hear the voice say, "In point 2 miles, board the ferry to the island." hee hee. I guess we didn't anticipate that, but we did it anyway and it was really fun for the kids. We really liked the Carolina Beach and another one, which would be perfect for our reunion. It would also be ideal for a Taylor family reunion also, wink wink. :)
Here's my too cool baby girl, ready for the beach. :)
This is a sight you don't normally WANT to see from the car window. This was on the ferry. 






7 comments:
What an adorable family you have! I love havign another photographer blog to check!
I love the new header picture! I'm so glad you guys had such a nice time going to the beach. Wouldn't a Taylor reunion be a grand idea? Who knows!
I LOVE your new header. I'm so jealous of all the beach pictures, can we come visit you guys sometime?
Anytime Ems!
Love the pictures as usual. I really like the ones with all the kids sitting together. Hope all is well. They are adorable. The pictures at the pool are cool. Love & Aloha
Wow... those kids are growing SOOOO fast!
Such great pictures!! I love the water effects in the pool ones. I vote yes for the Taylor family reunion too :-)
Post a Comment