Later in the evening, after kids went to bed, Emma came down crying because she was too scared to go to sleep because she kept thinking about the movie. Whoops, way to go Rebecca, great parenting decision, doh. She really did enjoy the movie, but I think she couldn't get things like gigantic spiders out of her head. Daddy helped her come up with a few strategies to get back to sleep. whew. I think next time we'll think twice about introducing new movies to the kids.
Aren't they so cute??
Little Preston is really reaching the limits of obnoxiousness. He is quite the sass, and growls. a lot. What he needs is for us to be consistent, what I want to do is kick his little patoot. He'll be an easy teenager after all the trouble now, right? yes? anyone?? please... I think things with him will settle down when he starts school in August, in fact, I KNOW it will help. Yay! He is fulfilling his role around here as Destructo the Magnificent. He broke one toy yesterday and a toy bin. This is a daily occurrence. grrr....Anyone need a five year old? Anyone??Here is a conversation from the other day while Evelyn was watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse with Grandpa Larry:
Mickey, after showing a ball: Is this a sphere?
Evelyn: No, it's a ball!
Grandpa Larry: Well, is it round?
Evelyn: No, it's a circle!
lol. I love that little thing. She is one slick little girl. Grandma told her she couldn't make cookies if she didn't help clean up the playroom one day. I know for a fact she didn't do a darn thing but pick up the toys and play with them, while everyone else did the work. Of course, she still got to help with the cookies, the little monkey. Nobody can tell her no, even Grandma. You just can't resist the green eyes, admit it Mom. hee hee. Mom and dad are gone now, so it's back to reality for all of us.
I was lame this trip and took almost no pictures of the kids with grandparents. Oh wait, I do that every time. Lame me. sorry mom and dad.
When I took William in for his one year check up, I expressed a little concern over William's lack of talking. Up to that point he really only said, Dada, or Daden. My other kids at least had the M sound and the B sound by this point. Here we are a month later and he says, "mama, papa, baby, done, mo', guh *for milk*, ees *for please*" He also handed something to my dad and said clear as a bell, "There ya go." lol and I swear he said thank you today. He is now freely giving kisses and blowing kisses. I taught him a few signs, more, please, eat and all done, and it really is helping to know when he's done or even wants to eat. He's also putting two signs together. yay for communication!
Here is the two of us first thing in the morning, lovely I know. Just keepin' it real here:). He's bending backwards because I'm tickling him. hee hee.




1 comment:
That picture with Preston and Evelyn is priceless! I love it! William doesn't look as much like Jack with all those teeth he's sporting--it will be interesting to see how they look when Jack finally catches up.
Post a Comment