Friday, January 23, 2009

Snow Days and Haircuts

On Tuesday, we had our first and only snow we've had since we moved here, and for what you see below, school was cancelled! lol. This is nothing compared to Utah, but I suppose they aren't equipped to take care of any kind of snow, and people who don't drive in it regularly tend to be particularly stupid about it. So we all stayed home and had a nice day.






I realize I'm a few years late even knowing what the heck these are, but I decided to finally look into what an I Spy bag actually is, and I have to say, they are really fun. They are basically like bean bags with a window and you put little tiny things in there for them to find. I put buttons, pictures, dice, beads, animals, fastenings, each letter of their names, and all sorts of stuff. I've made 3 so far for the older kids, since william just chucks it, and they've really enjoyed them. I would make a list for them of what is actually in the bags, but I don't think they'd care, they love to discover what is in it. We are saving these for church, so they don't get old. Go ahead and laugh at the way the ribbons are put on there, my brain doesn't work with inside out things. lol.
Emma filled out our calendar for the month of Januwary. She did a great job! lol.


Emma has joined Girl Scouts and is loving it so far. She and I and Dad have tromped around the neighborhood, lo these many hours, selling cookies. Emma did a great job, looking cute, and convincing people to buy from her:) She has sold, so far, 216 boxes, which is way more than I ever sold! This order form is completely filled out with the exception of a few on the back of the page. *I blurred out the orderform to protect the innocent:)*


Well, at Carly's insistence, we finally got William's hair cut on Wednesday *just kidding Carly:)*! Oh, and we took the girls in too:)

William sat really still for the lady and didn't make a peep! I'm so glad we did it, although he is adorable either way. Now, he just looks bald, but oh, the lovely velvety feel of his head is wonderful!
Here's his before.
What in the hey is that?? *I realize I'm lookin rough here, sheesh, getting hair cut myself today, whoo hoo!*
He is so stinkin cute!
Here his is, all done!
Doesn't it look cute, like a cute little man?

6 comments:

Emily said...

It's funny that in Southern Utah everyone falls apart over snow here too, it's a bit ridiculous.

I know I say it just about every time but I love your pictures! And what are you talking about birds in Costco (from your last post)?

Rebecca said...

Ems, first, thanks! second, you've never seen birds in costco?? I see them flying all over the place here, and I remember seeing them in Orem. It is a little bit strange, but I guess it makes sense with those big garage doors open all the time.

SOFTLEY FAMILY said...

It's my kid's favorite game to spot the birds in Costco. :)

Love the pictures of your little girl scout. Oh, the memories. Nice job selling those cookies. We love thin mints.

Travis/Rose Johnson said...

LOVE YOUR BLOG, Girl! Don would NEVER sit still for a cut! Don't ask how we do it! ;)

Carly Andelin said...

Much better! See, I knew you could do it Rebecca!

Carly Andelin said...

FYI, last comment about William's hair cut by the way. Mike also fully agreed with me when I showed him his before picture. :)