After this post, keep reading! I made several new posts at once. ENJOY!
*some of these are from as early as February. whoops. hee hee.*
I took William in to see the dr since he had been coughing since January. He didn't cough very often, but did several times a day. The dr. noticed some wheezing and yet another double ear infection *fourth since November, and I was thinking it is the same dang one not going away* He was put on antibiotics, steroids, nebulizer and allergy medication. whew. The combination knocked out the wheezing *whew* and the ear infection went away, BUT there was still fluid in his ears. We got referred to an ENT and he decided that tubes would be a good solution since he had a lot of fluid in there. When we did the hearing test he was hearing fine in his left, but was not passing any frequency in his right ear. I kind of had an aha moment when I realized that his lack of words probably had something to do with his hearing!
On Thursday, we arrived at the surgery center at 6:30 in the morning. I'd like to thank Kathy for taking the other 3!! THANK YOU!! Anyway, the staff at this place was incredible! They were all so kind and helped us feel at ease. William had a lot of energy and ran around like crazy, flirting with anyone he saw. When they took him back he didn't cry one bit. The anaesthesiologist said he grabbed the mask and started breathing! lol. A few minutes later we heard him crying for us because he was all done. I was a little anxious about it, but I knew it was a very simple procedure. We went back and he calmed right down and grabbed his sippy of milk. The dr said that the fluid in his ears was really thick, so I am so glad we got it taken care of. He's such a trooper, and even giggled when we did his ear drops afterwards.
I couldn't ask for a happier baby!
He's the cutest patient, dontcha think?
I love how his diapy peeks through! lol.
Here he is running around before the procedure. lol.
William running around before surgery from Rebecca T on Vimeo.

8 comments:
I'm glad the procedure went well and that Little Preston has been taken care of so well. I hope the tubes help!
Star - uh, that's william. lol. They DO look alike! ;)
Good thing that he's comfortable around the camera, since it'll be on him for the rest of his childhood! :)
Glad he came through it okay!
That boy is TOO CUTE!!!!
I'm glad he got through this so easy. He's quite a runner already. I think I can still beat him to the kitchen but that's about it!
So glad everything went so smoothly.
Oh my goodness that is one cute little boy!! He and Jack need to live closer because they would be such good little buddies! Tubes are amazing, I'm glad he was able to get that yucky fluid out of there.
What a CUTE, SWEET trooper!
Post a Comment