Friday, May 29, 2009

Planting, Baseball and Haircuts

Welcome to my 200th post! Not that it'll be thrilling, but it is our life:) The middle kiddles helped me plant some strawberries the other day. The ones we have eaten from it have been yummy. I thought a plant like this would be fun to have around, and it should have fruit all summer. Evelyn and Preston liked helping me out, as well as get the dirt all over. I'm just happy they WANT to help and didn't run screaming from the task.




We went to a Charlotte Knights game with the Jolleys and we all had a good time. You can't beat $10 for 2 tickets, 2 hot dogs and 2 ice cream cones. Plus, all the kids got a wiffle ball and bat. Of course, the Knights lost spectacularly, but apparently that is tradition. I think we might go to a game with Grandpa Larry when he gets here in a couple of weeks. Are you up for it Dad?

Evelyn and Maddisyn

Wow, look! We're all in a picture together, isn't it amazing?? Emma is such a goof.

I'd been toying with the idea of a haircut for awhile, and finally decided to do it. It is too hot for the long hair and I needed something different. I love it!!
This is what I got when I asked him to stand there so I could get exposure. Nice, eh? lol
Evelyn has been saying really funny things lately. Here are a few.
- While running in to Target in the rain, she said, "We are getting soaping wet!"
- While trying to put together a puzzle, she said, "oh, of all the dumb luck." lol
- While trying to put together said puzzle and her sister was bugging her, she said, "Emma! Stop it! You are appertizing me!!" haha

9 comments:

star said...

Oh fun! Your hair looks FABULOUS!!! I really love it too. I am getting the itch to cut my hair, but I don't know what to do with it either. Axton is getting good at pulling it.

grandma taylor said...

Summer is coming..... can't wait. Only 5 more days of school (with kids) this year I am really looking forward to it. Not really having a Christmas Break due to the flood, I am READY for some me and some grandkids time!!!!!!

Heather said...

I love your new do! Can't wait to see it in person!

Emily Widdison said...

Love the haircut! Cute family pics. William is as cute as a button!!

SOFTLEY FAMILY said...

I really like the hair!

Jolley's said...

Love, love the hair! Thanks for the heads up and the invite for the game, that really was a great time!

Mindy said...

I like the hair! I also like the idea of doing strawberries in a pot! I hadn't really thought of doing anything that way and don't want to have to "build" a garden. (plus I think veggies might be a lost cause out in the yard with all the bunnies we have living out there.) I might have to try some stuff in big pots on the deck!!

Katie said...

I love your hair!

Emily said...

I have gotten so lazy about leaving comments with google reader. It's always fun to keep up with you & your family, and I always get a kick out of what your kids say.