Friday, June 5, 2009

Emma!



We love this little girl! She is so creative and loves to draw and write. a lot. Recently, one of her stories got picked to be acted out by a company called Stageworks. They go to different schools acting out stories children have written. Emma's teacher had to pick four stories out of her whole class, and she picked TWO of Emma's! Emma's story was one of five stories performed in front of the all of the K-2nd grade classes. We are so proud of her!!

I just love these pictures. If you look at them enlarged, you'll know what I mean. I love her freckles!


I love this one especially for some reason I can't quite figure out. and yes, I'm saying love a lot, got any better words for me? Anyone have a thesaurus?


Here's the video for all related people. If you are unrelated and still willing to sit through it, good for you! The video may take a bit to upload, sorry. And if for some reason it won't play for you on Internet Explorer, try Firefox. For some reason I can't watch any kind of video or slide from IE anymore.
We were so proud of her, obviously, so I couldn't resist putting this on here.

The Broken Window from Rebecca T on Vimeo.


Here is the story typed out, in case you couldn't hear it. I don't think they sent the original home so I typed it out without Emma's cute little spellings of everything. I know you are all dying to read it! ;):

The Broken Window

One spring day, Brett and Wendy decided they would go out to play baseball. Brett was hitting the ball and Wendy was the pitcher. Wendy threw the ball and Brett hit it really hard. Wendy jumped up to catch it, but it flew over her head. And suddenly, they heard a CRASH! They looked at each other, and asked, "What was that?" They they saw it. The ball had broken the window of their neighbor Mrs. Conti's house. Just then Mrs. Conti came running up with the ball. She wanted to know who did it. Wendy said, "It was Tiko!" Mrs. Conti said, "Tiko? I don't even see no Tiko!" Then Wendy felt something wrong in her heart, and she knew she had to tell the truth. Brett confessed to Mrs. Conti that they had hit the ball by accident that broke her window. Mrs. Conti told them that they had done the right thing by being honest and confessing what they had done. Brett and Wendy promised Mrs. Conti that they would get the window fixed, and they all went to Mrs. Conti's for lemonade.

3 comments:

Grandma Taylor said...

way to go Emma! You are a published author. I can't wait to read more of your stories.

Emily said...

Hooray for Emma! Cute story, I liked that one of the character's names was Brett ;)

star said...

What a great story! So fun!