Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Gems and Motorcycles

Last week, my family came here for our annual family reunion. My parents, my brother and sister-in-law, and two nieces came to spend a week with us. We were missing my two other brothers, John and Jim, party poopers:) Part of the week we stayed at our house and the other half we went to the beach.

Last Tuesday, we went to the Hiddenite Emerald Hollow Mine to search for, well, emeralds. We went sluicing, which consists of a bucket of dirt, a sluiceway, and a screened tray. We basically washed the dirt away and to see what kind of rocks/gems are left behind. We found all sorts of good stuff, including plenty of emeralds *after dad bought the more expensive bucket, that is*. I did not get any pictures of this because I had red clay all over my hands. ain't happenin'.

We also went creeking. The kids all had a great time, and some good memories. I think we'll just do some rock tumbling with our gems:)


Poor William was kind of stuck in the stroller most of the time, so he was glad to get out for awhile!

Handsome dudes:)

Here's my brother, Michael, at the creek.


Emma found something! Probably a rock, but who cares? It's a treasure to her.

June:)

Happy little boy. I think Preston liked creeking the best. They all came out with wet bums.

Cute Maddison!

Renee:) Yep, definitely one of us.



Preston got a new motorcycle!

NOT!


On Wednesday, Michael rented a nice Harley Davidson to take Caylene around the town on for the day. I think they really enjoyed it! I am ticked, though, I did not get one single picture of Caylene. Curses! Vacations are tough for me, as far as pics go. I don't want to spend all my time behind the camera and miss out on things, but THEN, sometimes, I miss pictures I should've gotten. Know what I mean?

Renee finally got her first ride on a motorcycle while she was here *Mike has one at home*. She liked the ride, I think:) Preston would like a motorcycle, but I told him he can't get one 'till I'm dead. Sorry Preston!


Isn't Renee cute? She is getting so tall! That's my sweatshirt she's got on, and it is big on me!

Here she goes with her dad:) Mike's eyes are closed in this one. I think he does that a lot.

Those kind of pictures never happen to me. I'm the photogenic one.


I'll post about the beach soon...

1 comment:

Hillary said...

You crack me up, Rebecca!!! I love all these goofy pictures of you. They're HYSTERICAL!!

Oh, and William's mohawk is ADORABLE!!!