Friday, May 14, 2010

Backpacks, Basketballs and Stinkeye

I know I blog a lot about William.  Ok, maybe saying I blog a lot about anything is stretching the truth a little, but I am with William all day, so I have more opportunities to interact with him and torture him with the camera.  No wonder he cheeses so much.

William cannot go anywhere this week without his backpack.  I actually love it and think he is really cute walking around Costco with Superman on his back.  He wears it all day.  This morning, I put a snack in Emma and Preston's backpacks, and William insisted I put one in his, which was, of course, on his back.  He is a really funny boy and knows what he wants.

And boy does he LOVE his basketball hoop, especially if someone actually plays with him.  This is what I hear a majority of the day:

William screeches: Mom.  Mommy! MOOOOOOOOOOOM!!

Me, as I turn to look at him:  What William?

William:  Watch dis!

And then he shoots.  I cheer.  And 5 seconds later it starts over again.  Fun times.  No, really, it is fun times.  I love seeing him so excited about something:)  He makes a lot of baskets and is getting it when it is higher as well.  He's even getting an opinion about the height he wants it.  "Down.  NO!  Higher, Mommy!  Dere." Funny boy.

 What's better than the combination of backpacks and basketball? 
Nothing, according to this kid.
After I take a picture, he runs at me to see it on the screen and this is what I get:)
 I think he was trying to do a back bend, but I'm not sure. 
 He also specializes in backwards shots.  He makes quite a few of those as well.
 And sometimes he gets hit in the face with the ball. 
Never phases him though, he just keeps on shooting.
 oh, the chipmunk smile.  I can't resist it.

We've taught all of our kids to give stinkeye when they were 2 or younger.  Hey, we need something to give us a laugh, and our kids never disappoint us.

Here is before stinkeye:
And here's after:
And this, well, this just looks sinister!
But he's not.  Not really.
He was making a sound with his bottom lip and drooled all over himself.  Don't you love his bed head.  His hair cracks me up!
The End.

3 comments:

~April~ said...

The stink eye.... hilarious!!!

Grandma Taylor said...

He is good at it. Love him and his hair too. I am so counting the days now!!!!!!

Molly said...

I love the pics, especially the stink eye! Awesome