Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Bubbles.

Today the temp is in the 60s/70s and I, Rebecca, am in heaven! Being able to send the kids upstairs OR outdoors is AWESOME! There is even a kind of crazy wind, but the wind is warm. I am so loving the North Carolina weather!! So today was perfect to let the kiddles go outside and make a mess with the outdoor toys, make holes in the lawn and play with bubbles.

As you can see, we are teaching Evelyn the proper way to hold a golf club, and what it is used for, to dig holes. right?

And of course, you use chalk in the grass, it always works...Preston is trying to make brown chalk. I think he's thinking he can make it by rubbing it in dirt.

William's walking over to whack someone on the head. I'm sure they deserve it.
JUST KIDDING.

Oh how I love how easy it is to make him happy. We got a new bubble blower and William thinks it is the coolest thing.

I love dimpled baby hands.



he's lookin' a little too much like his mom in the picture. yikes! Cute little guy.

I liked this one because I caught a bubble in midpop.


Emma is feeling much, much better, although her body is tired. She had a follow up appointment yesterday, so I took william with me since he's been a ball of snot and boogers. The dr heard him cough, looked at him, and said, "I'll check him next." She looked in his ears and he has double ear infections. Nice. Then, last night, I started coughing. Isn't three weeks of illness enough for one family?? I'm just sayin...


I watched the entire BBC production of Pride and Prejudice the last two days. I have to say I don't completely love Colin Firth as Darcy, especially after watching the newer version with Keira Knightley. Colin Firth, in P and P, has kind of a creepy grin, in this movie anyway, I do love Elizabeth though, and the mom is PERFECT. I do like the BBC version, but it is not as romantic as it could've been. I mean, at the end, Darcy tells him he loves her, still wants to marry her, she basically says yes, and then they kind of look at each other and keep walking. wow. sparks.
THIS Darcy is much more like I pictured Darcy to be. whew.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like good weather for playing out. Glad to see Doodles hair growing out finally!

Heidi Meadows said...

Wow, wish I had time to play outside... We've actually had some decent weather on and off the last few weeks. Of course it has been interrupted by bouts of freezing rain, snow and sleet... You know how Kansas City weather can be. I'm just looking forward to when the nice weather stays for more than 1-2 days at a time.
Sorry about the sickness in your family, but I guess this is the season for illness. Hope everyone gets better soon!

Anonymous said...

Love all the sports and the weather. Bubbles are good anytime!
Love and Aloha ya'll.

Erin said...

You take such amazing pictures... your kids are so lucky! I still need you to take pictures of our family and my girls!

Bela said...

I agree, the pictures are awesome!

I love North Carolina. So green a fresh! Glad you're enjoying it too!

M.E. Greene said...

Um, I disagree Be Pri. Colin Firth is THE Mr. Darcy and I don't care what you say. I loooove him. Don't diss my hottie!