Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Yay! We're healthy again!

Knock on wood! We had a cruddy couple of weeks, as far as illness goes. Right about the time of the snow, the kids started sneezing and coughing all over everything. lovely. Then, the next week, Emma decided to scare the crap out of us by getting temps over 105. Thank heavens that has gone away and we are all feeling more like ourselves. finally.

In honor of feeling better, the kids rode their bikes. Miss June always in a skirt, always.


I liked the shadow in this one. and yes, like always, way overphotoshopped. can't help it, sorry.



Preston had a tumble on his bike, and like a good mom I sat and watched him fall. heck, I documented it!
Photobucket


He was totally fine, of course. Back in our day there weren't such things as helmets. I remember pulling embedded gravel out of my hands WAY too many times. Although I did have fun doing jumps and other things.

Emma officially became a girl scout over the weekend. I've never seen so much junk food in my life! She was a little shy during the ceremony, but she hardly knows these girls.

Sorry Michelle, have to tell this. Yesterday, my friend's husband literally could not move because of a back injury and had to go to the dr. Just so you can picture the severity of it, it took him over an hour just to come down the stairs and get in the car, the poor guy!! Anyway, we offered to take care of their three kids while they went in. Their oldest boy came in and was kind of crying. This is what followed:

Me: What's wrong buddy?

Him: I don't feel good. I feel like I'm going to throw up.

Me: Ok, well, if you're going to throw up, please don't do it on my carpet, go into the bathroom to do it, ok?

Him, covering mouth while he proceeds to vomit all over him and the carpet.

Oh man, I felt so bad for the little guy! I think he may have just been carsick, and he felt so much better after he was finished. Luckily, most of it got on his clothes, which are washable, and so are kids. There are no lasting puke smells in the house, so no worries! Michelle, your kids are so nice to watch and are welcome here anytime! They were so good for us, and kept the kids busy and out of our hair. we don't even care if they puke in our house:)

not much else going on here, due to the weeks from hades. thank heavens for husbands that work from home.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Glad you're all feeling better. We're all rockin' colds over here too. Fun times.

Anonymous said...

When they say "I think I am going to puke, it is too late!!!!"
I know because that is what happens in my first grade classroom.

Sorry!

Glad everyone is feeling better now. Hugs and Aloha,
Grandma Taylor

Jolley's said...

Okay, seriously, you guys are such great sports! And now, it sounds like I need to return some favors with poor little Emma's pneumonia. THanks again for all your help last week!