Saturday, February 7, 2009

Pneumonia

Yep, definitely pneumonia for Emma, I'll spare the details, since I am pooped, but Emma has a pretty significant pneumonia in her left lung, as in, she almost completely breathing with her right lung. yikes. She's getting winded getting in and out of bed to pee, and her sats come down a little too low when she moves around too much. The doctors have said it is pretty serious, so I am really happy we decided to take her in yesterday! She'll be in the hospital for a few more days, I think. I just knew something more serious was going on, and I felt like the doctors I've been to have seen me as an overreactive mother, and maybe I am, but I KNEW it, so if any of you ever have any doubt about the health of your child keep insisting they get checked out again!! Thanks for all of the prayers and any more would be appreciated. She is in pretty good spirits considering! btw, there all of these pics are either under/overexposed, it was an off day, I had other things on my mind. so there. hee hee.
hee hee, the silly girl:)

she has been so good and patient.


Evelyn, Preston and William got Emma these new socks and few other goodies. She was really excited:)


Grandma Taylor, she really wanted me to bring her "educational" books sent by you to browse:)


Emma got a visit from a very special tv star. Charley the dog has been on tv several times, including Law & Order *I think*, and a few other shows. He has also met Helen Hunt, but he didn't make her last movie because he is just too big:) I'm really grateful for people like Deborah, who are willing to share their special animals to cheer up patients. he's a really beautiful dog and Emma thought he was neat.



She finally got some rest. She was up until 2 last night, so it was good to see her resting. Doesn't she have beautiful lips?

8 comments:

Emily said...

Aw, sweet girl. What a trooper.

star said...

Oh dear! I am glad she is being well taken care of at the hospital. It must be hard to see her so sick. I hope she gets better soon!

Anonymous said...

All our love and prayers for our special girl. Hope she is feeling better soon. XOXOXO Grandma and Grandpa Taylor

Heather said...

Wow, I had no idea that it had gotten this bad! Let me know if I can help, seriously!

Katie said...

I hope she's doing better. I'm glad that you stuck with your intuition and got her in.

Erin said...

Wow! I can't believe she's hospitalized! She makes a very cute patient.

Hillary said...

Yes, definitely beautiful lips. And eyelashes. And cheeks. And chin. She's just beautiful all around.

~April~ said...

I'm so glad she's feeling a little better! She's such a cutie!