Thursday, December 31, 2009

Our Christmas and HAPPY NEW YEAR!


Preston's sister, Star, and her family came to our house for Christmas this year.  We're so happy they made the loooooooooooong drive from DC.  It took them several hours to go a very short distance, thanks to traffic, so we were happy to see them when they got here.  My kids love their cousin, Axton, and had fun tormenting the life out of him, I mean love on him.  He's a really great sport about it all, and let's them know when they are in his face too much.

Christmas morning was relaxing.  We like to take our time, and eat before we get to presents, talk about the meaning of Christmas, then we do stockings, and finally open up presents one by one, so we can see what everyone got and appreciate those who gave.  This year took a wee bit too long, so I sorted the remaining gifts and we went through real quick at the end.  I don't think the kids minded. My kiddles were very pleased with their gifts this year, and had a great day *and a yummy
meal!*

Star and Jeff's visit was short, but very sweet.  I shot some pics of Axton before they left and they turned out really cute.  Come back soon guys!

silly nuts all dressed in grandma's jams, except for axton, sporting one of our favorite holiday baby jams:)

Axton getting the love.  I think I told William to give him a kiss, then the girls joined in, and Preston just kept cheesing:)

Axton and Jeff, buh-buh-buh-ing.  I love when babies do that!

Axton opening his first Christmas stocking. :)

William wasn't too thrilled with his stocking, he threw his new ball right at dad:)

Whoa, William, keep that excitement in check!  He really does like his new mittens.

Evelyn searching through the stocking.  Cute little thing.


Silly, cheesy Preston:)

I can actually hear this boy saying cheese, can't you?

Speaking of cheese!

She is so cute, my big toothed girl.

Axton showed off some of his new walking skillz!  That boy is pretty steady. 
I so love this picture!
I'm loving this boy's brown eyes!

This is Emma's face when she got the gift she asked for, a craft box.  I LOVE this picture!  We lovingly refer to it as the crap box:)  She is in love with all her new crafting supplies.


Aw, all of us. If the adults look tired, well, we were.  Staying up till 1 or 2 will do that to a person. Don't ask me what the kids are doing...
 Happy New Year!!
hee hee.

4 comments:

Hillary said...

You guys are so awesome.

star said...

This post really captures the morning's events. Besides the adorable pictures of my adorable Axton, the picture of Emma opening her craft box is my favorite! We had a great time with you guys. Thanks for having us!

Grandma Taylor said...

Happy New Year!

Grimes said...

love the pics!!