Friday, December 11, 2009

The Temple and Makin' Bread


The Washington D.C. Temple (this was taken with our point and shoot.  I'm impressed!)

I am so far behind on this blog. darn.  ANYWAY, over the Thanksgiving break, we drove up to DC to visit Preston's sister, Star, and her family.  We had so much fun in that teeny house!  The kids helped Star and Jeff do some chores around the house, including making bread and raking leaves, and they were really very good.  Axton is very cute, and handled the four of mine like a champ.  I need to blog about this in two posts because there are too many pics:)

We drove up the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, leaving right after school, and we got there around one in the morning.  I don't know what anyone is complaining about.  The traffic in DC is totally fine!  ;)  Star and Jeff live about 2 miles, or less, from the temple, so we walked around the grounds on Wednesday and went in the visitor's center.  There were only a few people there and it was VERY peaceful and beautiful.  We came at the perfect time of day.  Jeff joined us at the visitor's center after work and we got to watch the Joseph Smith movie in our own private room.  It was awesome!  Especially since we didn't have to worry about William disturbing anyone when he got up and down a million times.

This pic makes the temple look tiny, yet I think it is actually the largest LDS temple!

I wish Jeff had been there when we were out here!  What a crew!

Inside the visitor's center, all we need in this picture is Jack and Cole and we'd have all the Taylor grandkids together.

again, the point and shoot.  nice.

The kids also got to help Aunt Star make the bread for the Thanksgiving feast.  It was really yummy!  If you'd like the recipe go here!




While the kids were making the bread, William and Axton got to know each other a little better:)  Here is William not only sharing the love, but sharing his cold germs with Axton.  Sorry buddy!

Speaking of Axton, isn't he a doll?

I think this is a pretty common sight around this house.  Thumb. Mouth. seems familiar...

Axton with his mean Uncle Preston:)  Poor little guy.

3 comments:

star said...

I love the pictures of the bread making and of course, that little Axton guy is one handsome fellah!

Erin said...

You have such a gorgeous family! We miss you!
~Erin

Grandma Taylor said...

I wish we were all together too! One of these days it will happen, I promise. Love that temple!!! both day and night photos. Makes my heart remember good times....