Monday, May 5, 2008

Emma lost her first tooth!




Yesterday she came running down after brushing her teeth. MOM! MOM! My tooth is wiggly!! Sure enough, it was. I asked her if she wanted me to pull it out and she agreed, so we tried. First, I got a washcloth and tried to pull it out. Every time I jerked, Emma would look around for the tooth, which would still be in her mouth. lol. Then I just rocked it back and forth *blech!* and then tried again with the washcloth and out it popped! I cannot believe it got loose and came out so quickly. I don't remember losing teeth, except for the gross feeling after it actually came out. Emma looks so old to me now, even though she hasn't changed from the same cute girl from yesterday. *sniff* Where is my baby girl going??


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We were so happy to be "A Part Of This First Tooth Experience"! It was fun to hear Emma in the background of our weekly telephone call. We heard her get so excited when her tooth came out. We enjoyed talking to Emma afterwards also. I am glad she still had the little tooth box I gave her at Christmas time. It was inevitable that she would need it. She looks a lot like my first grade students. Most of them are missing at least one tooth. It is such a cute thing. Hope the toothfairy took good care of her.

todd & nicole said...

Oh you're a better mom them me. I can't stand wiggly teeth (I didn't even like to touch my own). I think Hailee will be on her own unless Todd wants to do it. :)

~April~ said...

She looks so proud.. hee hee. Fun stuff!

Emily said...

She's so cute. Ick, I hate the feeling of wiggling out a tooth!

Hillary said...

I hate teeth, too, so I always let Kyrie's fall out on their own. Once her first one came out, she lost one right after the other. She lost about 6 teeth within 3-4 months, and I was freaking out thinking there must be something really wrong with her. Her ped said it's normal for them to fall out in clusters like that because once one goes, the ones next to it get loose.

Anyway, yay for Emma! Now she really is a big girl!