Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Rise And Shout!!

After looking for new BYU shirts for my four kiddles this year and seeing the prices *something like 13 BUCKS! Yikes!!*, I decided that I can MAKE the shirts myself for half the price, and I was right! Don't you love that?

SOOOO, I thought I'd give you all a mini tutorial on how to make your own shirts:)

Step 1: Gather your materials together, we have shirts for each kid, iron-on letters, appliques, an iron, and an ironing board.

Here's the shirt before we get to work, thank you Wal-Mart!


Step 2: Peel off the letters you need and put them in the place ya want 'em. *Note, no make that BIG NOTE, make sure you put the appropriate side down! I failed to do so on one letter and it stuck to the iron, werps.*

All letters are in place, now we are ready for the iron.

Step 3: With your iron set to the "wool" setting *at least those are the instructions on this set of iron-ons*, press onto the lettering for 10-15 seconds. If you don't want things to iron on funky, don't ask your husband to help. lol.

The letters are now semistuck (is that a word?) in place, don't worry the imprint of the iron goes away...as long as you don't leave it on TOO long. hee hee.

Step 4: Turn your shirt inside out, and press down on where the letters are for 3-7 second, or 10-15 like me:)

Step 5: Set your applique where ya want it to be.

Step 6: Hold iron firmly on top of applique for 10-15 seconds. Carefully turn the shirt inside out again and press on the applique again from the back for 20-25 second. Again, if you don't want things to be crooked, refer to aside in Step 3. lol.

Step 7: You're done! Put it on the kid! :)

Here are all my kiddles in their new, homemade, Rise and Shout, Cougarfan shirts:) Isn't Preston's face just priceless?? lol.

7 comments:

star said...

The shirts are super cute! Once again, you are the coolest mom around!

Emily said...

Very cool! We're going to try to go to the BYU/UCLA game this weekend, wahoo! Can I ever stop saying how much I love all of the pictures you take?

Travis/Rose Johnson said...

You are a very crafty genius! I just can't figure how you have time/energy for it!!! Go Girl!! We did a shirt like that for Anna's teacher last year... was fun.

Anonymous said...

Well done!!!!

Denna Robertson said...

Thanks for the smile. I'm still smillin'. Love you & your family.

Denna Robertson said...

Thanks for the smile. I'm still smillin'. Love you & your family.

~April~ said...

That is very cute. I can't say I'm a byu fan (sorry) but I love the shirts and the cutie pies wearing them... hee hee.