Monday, September 8, 2008

School and Stuff and Things

Emma started 1st grade at her new school about 2 weeks ago. She is loving her teacher and the school so much! She gets to ride the bus to school and enjoys it quite a bit. I would have had a pic of her on the bus the FIRST day, but seeing how they didn't even bother to come pick up the kids on our street that day, I didn't get a chance. Don't get me started on the bus situation, it's not pretty. lol.




Here is cheese Emma and then the real deal. lol.




I've been doing a little preschool with Preston and Evelyn and they seem to enjoy it quite a bit. We got some BOB Books at Costco *highly recommend* and Preston has read 3 of them by himself! I'm a proud mom:)

Speaking of Preston, that boy is just so funny. His latest thing at bedtime is to come out of his room no less than 29 times asking for different things. The other night he came out and said, "Daddy, would you be so kind as to get me a drink of water?" lololol. We both got a big kick out of that, and of course, couldn't refuse him. He also says "perhaps" a lot, which is a word ya don't hear very often. Silly little boy.

I've also been thinking about creating a tiny business selling handmade jewelry. I don't know if it'll work, BUT it makes excellent gifts for people if it doesn't! and I actually have a lot of fun making them.

The two on the left are baby bracelets. I was trying to see if I could make a design that moms would want to buy for their sons, buuuuuuuuuut it's still too girly. I really like both though:) and then the two on the left are for adults and turned out really cute. The one in the bottom right is a necklace, which unfortunately didn't fit ME when I was finished, so Emma wore it to church.


and these are just thrown in cause he is so sweet:)

6 comments:

Carly Andelin said...

Cute kid! He's growing up a ton! Kimi always gets excited when she looks at your blog. Cute bracelets too!

Katie said...

Are they bob the builder books or what?

Rebecca said...

Katie, they are BOB books, not bob the builder. lol. They are kind of a stairstep learning book system. You can't beat the deal at Costco and the books helped Emma learn to read. Here's a link: http://www.bobbooks.com/

star said...

Emma is so grown up I can't believe it! Your jewelry looks really cute. I had no idea you had yet another talent! Oh and the pictures of William... to die for!

Anonymous said...

I always take a picture of my students on the first day of school. Many parents don't have or forget to bring a camera with all the other stuff they have to do. I give it back to them at the end of the year. It is so cool to see how much they have grown and changed.
MOM

Emily said...

Emma looks so cute all ready for school! And you know I have always gotten a kick out of Preston, what a funny kid. Makai is starting to do this with me, but being two he doesn't have the biggest vocabulary so I'll put him in his bed and he just says stuff like "Mommy....um.....um....I want choc-wit milk..." And I love the jewelry, great job!! Maybe it's not your thing but I think leather cuffs for little boys is really cool.