Friday, September 26, 2008

What a week.

We started off this week by going to the ER with Evelyn, at one in the morning of course. sigh. She woke up claiming she needed to puke and when I went in there she sounded like she was struggling to breathe. She got some breathing treatments at the hospital, she just has croup, but it sounded scary, and I'm no physician, plus, she was pretty hot. Anyway, she's better now, but William has had a fever the last few days. I am one sleepy mom. pleh.

Little Preston has decided that this is his week to try to get attention, so he's been more aggressive than normal. Patience, Rebecca, patience. I have to look at pictures like this and remind myself that he's only four, and he just wants us to love him, although I'm trying hard to see how dumping out every single toy in the playroom and slamming them together helps us love him. Patience, Rebecca, patience. And I do realize that every single one of these pics are a little over processed, I'm in a photoslump and I'm too lazy to redo anything. poo.

Have I mentioned the gas problem that's going on around here? Let's just say I passed at least 7 stations yesterday and not one of them had gas. No gas. We still have half tanks, but that doesn't mean we need to drive all over the place, cause let me tell ya, I refuse to wait TWO HOURS in line to get some. Costco doesn't even have any. awesome. SO, we go the girls dance night moved to the same night, so we are not driving 3 days a week. Emma is going to a tap, ballet, jazz class, and then straight to a tumbling class *is the bear walk tumbling? seriously?? where's the cartwheels??*, so she's got over 2 hours of class on Thursdays, so usually Friday she's a little tired and dramatic. Also, we got Preston into dance, cause get this, it's totally FREE for boys!! How cool is that? I mean, I know it's a little girly, and certain grandpa's will flinch at the info, but really, won't it help him with sports later on? And if I can get him in a class FOR FREE and not have to do anything, I'm all over that deal. I thought it was funny to hear other parents saying how unfair it was to have to pay for girls, but for me, I think we got an awesome deal. Buy two, get one free, right?

Here's my Drama Queen Emma. :)

This is what we call a "hands up, stands up" Denna she does this ALL the time! She's even landed into a backbend a couple of times:)

Here's a small bit of decorating we've done in the house. The picture of Christ used to look so much bigger. I'm thinkin' maybe we need a bigger one for that spot, any thoughts?


I promised pics of Preston in his new glasses, here he is watching BYU football, and here's William desperately trying to take the hat off.

I realize William is blurry, but isn't he still so cute? hee hee.



Preston in his glasses. i think they look nice.

William is our nakie boy. You take the dipey off and that kid just flies away, delighted in the freedom of his nakieness. Usually, he races off in a whirl of buttcheeks and the little slaps of his hands on the wood floor. It is very cute, and annoying at the same time because it has gotten almost impossible to get a diaper ON his rear end. I have had to hold him down with two legs on his shoulders to get it on. Silly boy. But this momma's gotta do what she's gotta do right? I do allow him to be his nakie self for a few minutes though before putting on the diaper again.



I just love when they do this, don't you?

Here's Pea, taken this afternoon, stinkin' cutiepie.

William has gotten 4 teeth in the last 2 weeks or so, it's crazy. You can kinda see his front teeth in the picture. He's my only child with an under bite, interesting.

Our smoke alarms kept randomly going off today and I could not figure out what the deal was. I went upstairs to ask Preston something and noticed some water on the carpet. We both assumed it was from Chub playing in the sinks, so I toweled it off and forgot about it. When I got in after getting Emma from the bus all of the smoke alarms were going off. There was no fire, and preston was upstairs taking them all down. He got to the one right about that wet spot and guess what? There's a leak! And the water was setting the alarm off, which sets the others off. Great. I called our builders and they came right out to help us assess, and we'll have someone here to fix things when it dries up. They'll also fix the CEILING that has a big wet ring. ugh. Oh well, at least they are going to fix it and we don't have to!

6 comments:

star said...

Oh Rebecca! What a crazy time for you. Oh how I wish I could come over and watch the kiddies so you could have a break. Even though they are a handful, you do have BEAUTIFUL children. I love your decorating and how open and clean your house looks. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, UPDATES and PHOTOS!!! You know I love them. I wish I was there to hug them and love them and play with them. Having 4 kids is a challenge but look at the rewards. 4-kid hugs, smiles, jokes, dances, games, loves, and even a few special quiet times. OK that may only be when they are asleep but aren't they precious.
I wouldn't trade them for anything.

Anonymous said...

I really like the pictures of both Prestons and their clone!

Lisa Michelle said...

Rebecca, your kids are soooooo amazingly adorable. Such great pictures!! Sounds like you guys have had a lot of excitement out there - and the gas problem is awful! Good luck!
sending hellos from Provo,
Lisa
ps - I love that Preston's son is in dance! Prep always had the moves at those BYU dances back in the day, so I'm sure Preston Jr. will be a natural!!! :)

Hillary said...

I think you should find a mirror to hang above the fire place. I think that would look really nice.

Love all the pictures, especially the "blurry" one of William. He is just an absolute DOLL!!!

Anonymous said...

way to go Emma with your handstands!