Sunday, July 3, 2011

Recital

DSC_4015
Nice face Preston.

The kids had a “recital” at their gymnastics center.  It was VERY informal, but the kids had fun showing off their skills for us.  I was a bit disappointed when they started closing it up, and Evelyn hadn’t performed yet.  I raised my hand and said, “Uh, my daughter didn’t get her turn!”  The director took her and another little girl up to show their stuff.  Evelyn would’ve been devastated if she wasn’t able to perform!  It was fun, but I think if we do gymnastics again, we’ll skip the recital.  I was impressed by the camera’s action setting.  Most of the pics turned out way better than I expected for indoor action shots!

Aren’t they so beeyooteeful?DSC_4020DSC_4022
Warming up.  They call the guy in the background Tokyo.  I’ve always wondered what his real name is.DSC_4026DSC_4027
Emma doing a back walkover.  Emma and I had a good laugh over her not so pretty, non pointed feet.
DSC_4029DSC_4030DSC_4031DSC_4032
DSC_4033
Evelyn bridging.DSC_4045
Stretching.  I couldn’t do this on my best day.DSC_4048
William waiting patiently for his turn.DSC_4049
The boys did a baseball themed routine, with “Take Me Out to the Ballgame” as the song.  It was cute.  Check out limber boy on the right!DSC_4050DSC_4054
William getting ready to bat, and then doing a tuck jump (or a pike jump, or whatever it is called).
DSC_4056DSC_4061
Cartwheels!
DSC_4057
Emma during her routine doing a back walkover and then a one handed cartwheel.
DSC_4064DSC_4070
Evelyn’s lookin’ pretty good!  She's almost got a standing backbend.
DSC_4080DSC_4086DSC_4087

1 comment:

Grandma Taylor said...

My body says..."OW" just looking at them. Ah to be so young and limber.