Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend with the Wileys

DSC_3144
Miss Sassypants EvelynSmile
Preston’s sister, Star, and her husband, Jeff, and their kids came for a nice, relaxing visit last weekend.  It was great to have them here without having to celebrate anyone’s baptism, or Christmas, or some other holiday that is super busy.  We just hung out and it was really nice.  We went to the pool a couple of times (and man is it HOT outside), went to church, took some family pictures, and ate some good food (I think I exhausted all of the food options I’m actually good at making, cause it can get gross REAL fast).  The kids got along really well.  Axton is…well, he’s two, and he lets everyone know it.  He and William really got along, and by the end of the weekend they were acting like brothers, which I found amusing, although I’m not sure his parents agreeWinking smile.  Elodie is a cute, sweet little thing, who DOES NOT like her Aunt Rebecca.  Oh, she’ll coo and smile at me, as long as I don’t hold her.  Oh well, maybe next time.  I’m glad the Wileys made time to come down and I hope they come again soon!
DSC_3149
DSC_3156DSC_3159
I couldn’t resist taking a few pics of Elodie.  Who could when she’s got those cheeks and that cute suit?? DSC_3163DSC_3168DSC_3169DSC_3170
Cousins (wish we had a few more here, get your butts down here Other Taylors)DSC_3176DSC_3180
Notice how burnt my kids faces are?  Preston is fired from applying sunscreen.  This shot was fun to get.  The kids were going nuts (bedtime).  About .2 seconds after this was taken, I think Axton tried to bite William and Elodie started fussing. heehee.DSC_3433

2 comments:

star said...

We had a great visit! It was so relaxing and fun. Thanks for the yummy food, fun, and photos!

Grandma and Grandpa Taylor said...

wish we had been there too.